INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very strange problem with iPhone sync (ringtone and music can't separate?)  (Read 1294 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen

I've been trying to figure out this problem, and it's driving me crazy.

If I select specific playlists and export only to my iPhone, those playlists will export just fine.

If I also check the iTunes library to export to, whatever playlist I'm exporting will get done, but as soon as I export the next playlist, the previous one will disappear and only the current one being exported will show in iTunes. The default playlist export naming in MC is simply "Media Center/name of the playlist." That should in theory allow export of different playlists and they won't erase/copy over the previous playlist since there's no naming conflict.

Now, the weird part. If I only export to iPhone, then all those playlists will export just fine to iPhone, but when I do Syncs with iTunes, I have to uncheck sync music, or else iTunes will automatically erase all the songs on iPhone. So, I have to always have sync music unchecked in iTunes when I do syncs, and only use MC to export playlists/music to iPhone. That in of itself is also fine.

And finally the real problem. I have created custom ringtones using one of the ringtone creation apps, and when I tried to sync the ringtones to iPhone, it's as if ringtone sync and music sync are tied together. If I check ringtone sync, then even if I didn't check music sync, iPhone will automatically delete all the music in iPhone, since all the music were synced with MC, not iTunes.

This is like a catch-22 problem. I can't create ringtones unless I have music on my iPhone. But once I create ringtones, syncing them to iPhone will erase all the music on iPhone.

Anyone know how to work around this strange problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up