INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: size of caption tag box?  (Read 1599 times)

knightdj

size of caption tag box?
« on: April 14, 2011, 06:24:37 am »

Hi

Is it possible to change the size of the caption box? I had a look via skinning but could not see a way?

Hi, this is my first post , but I just discovered media center and I am blown away!! I already had the jukebox but for some reason missed this piece of software!  ;D I am simply stunned!    one small pain is not being able to drag and drop files or folders other than in the drives & devices section but I guess you can not have it all!!

great stuff jriver!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: size of caption tag box?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:47:52 am »

Do you mean you want to change the size of the caption entry field in the tag window?

It's not possible to change this as it is a default MC field, and as such, 90% of the options for it are disabled.

The following work around is not really supported, but works well enough, and requires three steps to set up...

step 1:
  • Press Ctrl+O to open options.
  • Select "Library & Folders" from the list on the left.
  • Click where it says "Manage library fields" on the right.
  • Click the "Add library field" button.
  • This will prompt you for a name for your new field, I called mine "Caption (Big Edit)" Enter the name without quotes.
  • Set the field up as shown in the image below, and once done, OK your way out of options.

step 2:
  • Press Ctrl+O to open options.
  • Select "Library & Folders" from the list on the left. (This selection should be remembered for you and already selected)
  • Click where it says "Manage library fields" on the right.
  • In the list of library fields, find the field you created in step 1 and select it. (Using the drop-down filter at the top to "Show only user fields" may help here)
  • Now edit the field settings as shown in the image below, and once done, OK your way out of options.

Step 3:
  • Load up an image view scheme.
  • Open the tag window, and right click anywhere inside it.
  • Expand the "Also Show..." list and ensure that you have both the default Caption field and your new Caption field created above ticked. Click on the tag window header bar to close the menu.
  • Here, you can see my new field below the default caption field:

• "Click to Edit" your new caption field, and you will have an entry area equal to the size of the tag window:

• Click the "X" in the top right corner of this edit box to close it and apply the tag.
  • Note that the caption data just entered has been mirrored in the default field, which means that it will have also been written out to the IPTC caption tag.

Job Done :)

-marko

knightdj

Re: size of caption tag box?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:05 am »

wow thank you Marko,..  great post very helpful with the screenshots I had never thought of doing this..you are a great help to me

thanks so much!!!!!  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up