INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Screen view missing -- can I start in Standard and then go full?  (Read 2190 times)

Colin2

Greetings!  I'm sure this is dealt with somewhere, but my searches are coming up empty.

Under "View" I see five options: Standard, Mini, Display, Theater, and Cover.  Full Screen view, referenced in some of the literature, is absent.

What I want to do: watch Netflix streams in full screen.  If start in Standard View, click Video in the left hand pane, connected media, netflix -- it opens nicely in the central pane, and I can start video playing.  At that point I would like it to go full screen (just that pane) but see no way.

I'm running Media Center on a little netbook connected to a big TV; the TV is treated as a clone of the netbook's screen. 

What does work is starting in Theater View and navigating within that to the Netflix stream.  Then it plays full screen and looks great.  But navigating within Theater View is painful.

Bonus problem: the 1024 x 600 screen on my netbook is too small for the options screens in J River -- they open, but I can't see the buttons at the bottom -- OK etc. -- that you click to actually change stuff.

I will say, as a new user, that the underlying video and audio quality is top notch.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Full Screen view missing -- can I start in Standard and then go full?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:54:43 pm »

Welcome.  Netflix is running in a browser window, so we don't have as much control.  You might want to take a look at MC16 which has significant improvements for Netflix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up