INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musiland MD 11  (Read 3372 times)

bigmun01

• Recent member
Musiland MD 11
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:30:20 pm »

I received a new Musiland MD 11 ASRC 192/24 DAC several weeks ago, just to see how it was, since asynchronous usb seems to be the hot thing these days.
As soon as I got the driver installed, the thing played 192/24 files very well.
After a solid week of break-in, it plays everything remarkably well, whether you factor in it's $339.00 price tag or not.
It is not very forgiving of poorly recorded music. But well recorded material, whether upsampled via MC16 (wasapi event style) or played at it's recorded rate, is delivered at a markedly superior level (at least in my system) when compared to any the other dac's I use routinely.
If you are looking, you may want to check it out.

habermehl

Re: Musiland MD 11
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 12:08:57 pm »

There are plenty of USB DACs that can handle up to a 96 KHz sample rate, but the affordable choices diminish quickly if you want to go beyond that threshold. So after looking at options for a long time, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the MD11. I'm thrilled! Pacific Valve (http://www.pacificvalve.us/MusilandMD11.html) was good to deal with, the driver install was reasonable, and the unit just works. More to the point, sitting at my desk and controlling Media Center via Web Remote, the sounds from my stereo are sublime.  :)

bigmun01

• Recent member
Re: Musiland MD 11
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:03:23 pm »

I'm delighted that you are happy with the MD11 (I just saw this post).
It has become difficult to recommend stuff based on your own experiences, as it seems there are always people lurking out there to tell you how stupid you are for liking something, no matter how good it may be.
Continued good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up