INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Split View Disappears  (Read 2468 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Split View Disappears
« on: April 25, 2011, 05:05:35 pm »

Every other time MC is started my split view (2 views in rows with one locked) MC shows only a single view.

Start MC, split view is shown
Close MC
Start MC again, single view is shown
Repeat and the same thing happens again

My specifics are noted here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63753.0

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Split View Disappears
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:17:56 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Does it make a difference if you set Options > Startup > Location to 'Last Location'?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

vagskal

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 05:26:07 pm »

Does it make a difference if you set Options > Startup > Location to 'Last Location'?

That option is already set. To test I changed it now to Audio, but that did not make any difference.

I had this issue also with MC 15.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »

I had what appears to be a similar issue with 15 and, I think 16, but I couldn't figure out a pattern.  I fooled around with settings and I can't recall it happening in a while now.  I had actually forgotten about the issue.  I may have played with the lock view checkbox, among other things.  I may play again and see.
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:16:41 pm »

That option is already set. To test I changed it now to Audio, but that did not make any difference.

I had this issue also with MC 15.

Could you send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com?  I'll test with the same library and settings.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 11:24:34 am »

Thanks for the library.

When I tried it, the program launched with a split view.  The split was horizontal and view 1 was locked.

I was able to remove the split, restart, add the split, and restart.  Each restart it preserved the settings.

I'm not sure what else to try.  Does changing whether the views are locked make any difference?

Thanks.

vagskal

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:37 am »

Thanks for looking into this.

When I tried it, the program launched with a split view.  The split was horizontal and view 1 was locked.

Yes, that is how it should look.

I was able to remove the split, restart, add the split, and restart.  Each restart it preserved the settings.

I'm not sure what else to try.  Does changing whether the views are locked make any difference?

I am not removing, or resetting, the split between restarts, just trying to retain the split view. Have you tried closing MC when the split view is shown and then restarting MC. When I just updated from .72 to .75 the split view shown in .72 was replaced with a single view and when I manually closed and restarted MC the split view appeared. I am starting MC from an icon pinned to the Win 7 task bar (I think it is called) if that could make any difference.

I am afraid I cannot test locking/unlocking views right now, because MC is busy with a massive update from file tags ;) I will report back later.

vagskal

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:13:11 pm »

Beginning with the split view and unlocking the one view that was locked and then close and restart MC results in a single view, just like before. The strange thing is that the view menu reports two views with one locked, but only a single view is displayed with no small arrows for the missing second view, see screenshot.

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/2C35046A-A3DD-4104-9062-4B414C2DAE90/Screenshots/bigpage.html?image=840265740_orig0.jpg

vagskal

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 11:18:07 am »

Someone asked me in a PM how I got the rating stars to show in the view in the screenshot above. I thought I should answer in this thread if anybody else should be interested.

The panes view in the screenshot is grouped by a custom field with calculated data according to this expression:
Code: [Select]
Clean(If(IsEmpty([Date]),Okänt år,FormatDate([Date, 0], Year)) - [Album] If(IsEqual([Genre],Live,7),/[Live/] ,)If(IsEqual([Genre],Compilation,7), /[Comp./] ,)If(IsEqual([Genre],Soundtrack,7), /[Soundtrack/] ,)If(IsEqual([Genre],Bootleg,7), /[Bootleg/] ,)If(IsEmpty([Album Rating]),, Left(★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ,Math(Left([Album Rating],1)+Left([Album Rating],1)))If(IsEqual(Mid([Album Rating,0],2),5,2),☺ ,))/(If(IsEqual([Blandade artister],1),Blandade artister,[Album Artist]))/)
In categories views showing albums I use this expression as the thumbnail text to get a similar result:
Clean([Album] • If(IsEqual([Blandade artister],1),Blandade artister,[Album Artist]) [Typ]
If(IsEmpty([Album Rating]),, Left(★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ,Math(Left([Album Rating],1)+Left([Album Rating],1)))If(IsEqual(Mid([Album Rating,0],2),5,2),☺ ,))(FormatNumber([Track #],0,Ingen låt,låtar,låt)), FormatDuration([Duration, 0]))
Clean(If(IsEmpty([Date]),Okänt år,FormatDate([Date, 0], Year))

The expressions are of course based on what is in my tags (what I have in the Genre field, my custom Blandade artister field, indicating by 1 if it is various artist album etc.). I am pretty sure that I got inspired, or just copied, the rating part of the expression from a post in some old thread from someone with better coding skills.

This expression should show only the album name and a star rating based on the numeric values 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 in the Album Rating field.

[Album] If(IsEmpty([Album Rating]),, Left(★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ,Math(Left([Album Rating],1)+Left([Album Rating],1)))
Add " /([Date]/) • [Album Artist(auto)]" after the [Album] part if you want the year and artist name to show as well. This will sort the albums according to name. Reverse the order of the items in the initial part if you want the albums sorted by year instead, i.e. "[Date] - [Album] • [Album Artist(auto)]".

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 06:17:05 am »

vagskal,

But, Okänt år?

Fabricio, from Brazil.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:31 am »

vagskal,
But, Okänt år?

Fabricio, from Brazil.
Swedish. Means unknown year if my swedish still works... there is also Blandade artister = various artists (again I think)

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 08:03:07 am »

Swedish. Means unknown year if my swedish still works... there is also Blandade artister = various artists (again I think)

Thanks ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up