INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does upgrading builds change any of my settings?  (Read 1068 times)

finallygreen

• Recent member
Does upgrading builds change any of my settings?
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:23:10 am »

OK, so I'm VERY particular about not wanting my software to modify my media files in any way. Because of this, I spend a significant amount of time every time I upgrade versions of MC going through EVERY setting right away in order to prevent this from happening. Thankfully, the effort was recently (in the last year, I think?) made to stop MC from performing any such tasks immediately upon install. :)

Anyways, my question is two-fold:

1. When you upgrade your BUILD (i.e. 16.1 to 16.2, NOT 15 to 16), are ANY of your settings altered?

2. Does anyone have (or could create) a list of all preferences and options that have the ability to alter our files?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Does upgrading builds change any of my settings?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 01:45:55 pm »

Installing one build on top of another build makes no changes, other than updating the binaries.  You should just pick 'Express' in the install when doing build upgrades.  By build upgrade I mean, for example, going from 16.0.60 to 16.0.65.

Also, you can backup all settings, views, playlists, metadata, etc. by creating a Library Backup.  Media Center also makes backups for you automatically (in the path specified in Options > File Location).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

finallygreen

• Recent member
Re: Does upgrading builds change any of my settings?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:56:34 pm »

Thanks, Matt....I was pretty sure of that, but nice to have confirmation :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up