INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: probs burning cd--please help!  (Read 588 times)

elle

probs burning cd--please help!
« on: June 03, 2002, 08:41:08 am »

i went through the cd burning tips and faq section but i haven't been able to solve this problem...
The burn goes fine for a while, then fails with "WRITE" command failed on device..." error. It usually stops when the device is trying to write the 'lead-in'.  I've checked if aspi is installed and it is, i've gotten rid of other programs running in the background while trying to burn, i've also put the speed lower to 1x and set the writer to digital unbuffered, etc.
What should i do?

filz

RE:probs burning cd--please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2002, 11:09:01 am »

try downloading ClonyXXl. It'll tell you if cd is protected. Also download Clone cd and give it a try, I've been using it a lot and find it as good as if not better than EZCD5 platinum. Hope this helps.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:probs burning cd--please help!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 06:07:40 am »

Which version of MJ are you using? Could you post your system information here (from Help/System Info.. in MJ)? A few things to try:

1. try a different brand of media, maybe the one you're using isn't compatible with your burner
2. try checking the option "use generic driver" on the CD writer settings page
3. if you're on winNT/2K/or XP, try updating to the latest aspi from adaptec, the link is on this page:
http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/aspi.html

Can you burn successfully on this drive with other software?

- John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up