INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't start the write  (Read 1767 times)

Bodtje

• Recent member
Can't start the write
« on: May 06, 2011, 03:32:46 am »

Hi,
I have a problem that occurred since I installed Windows 7 SP1, although this could not be the reason :).
I have always been able to burn audio Cd's on CD-RW+, but when I try this now I get a "Can't start the write" error.
There's nothing wrong with my drives. They burn perfectly in e.g. Explorer or any other burning program.
Any ideas will be accepted with great gratitude.
Bodtje

Jettgod

• Recent member
Re: Can't start the write
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:55:09 am »

Hi,

Sorry no answer, but I now have the same problem with Can't start the write. Worked ok up until now but trying to burn a playlist with 76 minutes on a CD-R 80 minute blank CD I get the " Can't start the write" error message.  I have two CD/DVD drives and both fail with this write.

I have tried six different CD's from about 30 (The previous 20 from the 50 stack wrote ok) these are Maxell.  I have also tried a Lightscribe CD80 in my second CD/DVD drive (which is a Lightscribe capable drive)............ also with the same result.

I am runing Vista 64 bit and Media Jukebox 14.0.166..................but have never had a problem before burning similar size CD's

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

fractaleater

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:26:41 am »

Had similar trouble on Win7x64 with mc15.0.174.

Closed mc15, right clicked mc15 executable, selected "Run as Administrator", and the burn completed without problems.

Suggests that the problem is related to permissions..

remixedcat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 06:09:25 am »

works fine on windows server 2008 x64 with media jukebox 14.0.166
Pages: [1]   Go Up