INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coverflow in MC  (Read 1507 times)

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Coverflow in MC
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:12:35 am »

Now that Coverflow is integrated in many Hardware Players,how about to integrate this in MC Theater View?

Something like this would be great.This is a Video from the TeamFSD Guys Programming a alternative Dashboard for XBox360 JTAG Consoles in their Freetime.
I only mean the Coverflow,not the Rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx1X2lB2TKI&feature=player_embedded

Looks great!

3D Wall is also great for jumping many Files. It should be there too.
Just setting Rules for a Movie View like->Genre->Action->Coverflow  ;)
Same thing to Audio would be great.

It would complete the Perfection of MC for me ;D

Any Chance??? PLEASE!!!
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Coverflow in MC
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 06:10:12 am »

I've been asking for things like this for a long time my self. In my opinion I do not think this exact way is the best way of browsing media. You have way to limited space for move info on the covers.

You could have several ways of browsing though! Should not be a big problem. There would not exactly be bad if such a view was implemented as well. With only the covers, and you could get a full screen info view if you hit enter on the Cover art. Just like vi have today when you enter a media file. Some people don't need that much info anyway. The example that StuckMojo is showing us needs little explanation. I think that the practical usage of such a view would be inferior to what I've been wanting, but then again, some people might not need more. And it certainly looks good. I think that such a view with large cover flow would be best if it's coupled with the ability to open the large info pane for more info.

I would personally want a smaller version of this cover flow (at the bottom of the screen), and all the video info above, like we partially have today with the small info pane and cover art. Only with an additional info pane in the middle. This cover flow views could be triggered like the other list types under the More menu. The order could be: "Details & Info Pane", "Thumbnails & Info Pane", List, Showroom and "Coverflow Info" and "Coverflow". One thing is certain though. Things like this have to be added for MC to take up the fight with those big Media Centers applications. People like flashy things. And this would be very useful in addition.

This is an example of what I vision one of the new View types could be like, without trashing to much of the old stuff. Also included in attachment below.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8820265/MC/TV-Small_Coverflow_Example.jpg

This image shows you how you can get nice graphical browsing, together with a large Cover art, and plenty of info at the same time. The middle info pane is there to show you some basics about the file you are viewing. It can also be used to Show you a summary of series or TV Shows you are browsing. Like number watched and not watched, for the selected Genre, Series or Season. Only one icon for Watched, and Not Watched is needed, with the appropriate number of episodes/movies.
If only one Episode or movie is selected, this info should only show a graphical indicator if it's watched or not, and possible when it was last watched. I also like to have more graphical icons in this pane. You can add the Coding, resolution, Audio, aspect ratio etc. Each having it's own small Icon, giving you a quick info of the file. It's nice to look at AND its faster to read the info than a lot of text.

Browsing in this example would also be rather effective. When entering this kind of "Coverflow Info" view, you could start at the covers. Moving left or right would give you the previous or next movies/series/seasons/episodes/artists/albums etc. If you want to go to the roller you only have to press up once, as the middle info pane is not selectable. How should you select the left pane so you can dig deeper into a Review for example? Perhaps the up button should enter the info pane as a middle step, and that you have to hit "Enter" on the info pane to browse each category/library field.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:05:27 pm »

Is this the View it would look like when you hit enter on the Movie,or Coverflow itself?
I think Cover on the left side would be better?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coverflow should only view the Covers and Title at the Bottom.
And perhaps a sorting bar on Top with (Show All,A,B,C and so on) for people with many Movies or Audio Files.
When you hit enter then should pop up the Window like in your Picture.
My Opinion.
Looks nice by the Way.

I think this Feature would help MC to get more Customers.
I and many people out there like and use the Core Features of MC.
But most of the people like a good looking Application.
And a good Coverflow Feature would be a good Promotion for MC.
Onkyo TX-NR906

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:24:09 pm »

Cover flow view it self. Just with lots of info. My image is only illustrating the normal view, with a smaller version of "your" cover flow. This could be used for most media, instead of the List or Thumbnails on the left side, with the small info pane on the right side. In this view, there is probably no need to be able to drill further down. A large info view would only give you so much more text.

I just put the cover art on the right side, because this is how it is in Large info view today. And my hopes of one day getting a popup setup window on the right side, would do best if it overlaps the cover art, and not the media files. And left arrow keys is used for the jump back function today. So left can not be used to activate such things.

I think a simpler Cover Flow View like you describe, and have shown with the example video, could be very useful as well. I can't see any reasons why we could not have a couple of extra views specifically designed for Video.

- I may not always believe what I'm saying

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 06:00:47 pm »

Ah,Ok.I hope this "addon" could be integrated soon. ;D

And ahh,...It would be also great for Audio ;)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Pages: [1]   Go Up