INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Dock Bar Like Winamp?  (Read 3438 times)

vaterp

• Recent member
Feature Request: Dock Bar Like Winamp?
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:54:42 pm »

Hey gang,

Forgive me if i've just missed it -- im new to jriver and just started playing around with it today.  I'm hopeful it can be a great replacement for itunes as well. I've been using mediamonkey for a while now but just thought I'd give something else a try as I have alot of weird sync issues with mediamonkey.

I've been using winamp for about a week and many things about it are horrible (podcast support sux!) but one thing I really love now that I've been using it is the way you condense the whole thing to one very thin line and dock it to the top of the screen.

If jriver music jukebox supports that... how? And if not.. is it on the radar?

thx!

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
Re: Feature Request: Dock Bar Like Winamp?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:15:18 am »

There is a mini skin called no frills that may meet your need.

You can find it under http://accessories.jrmediacenter.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

Choose the mini skins section or use the link below.

http://accessories.musicex.com/mediajukebox/mj_data/skins/nofrills.mjp

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »

While I am asking questions, I have one more:  I can't seem to import skins... I downloaded some from the above link, and when I goto browse to select the skins i downloaded... it doesnt find any... it will only accept skins with .mjs, .zip and .wsz file types... the ones I downloaded from your site dont seem to have that suffix....

Another "Winampy" qeustion .... your product seems to crush winamp in many ways, but another great feature I miss from winamp besides the "mini-view DOCK bar" is the notification bubbles on track change...

Does anyone know if either of those features are going to be implemented in this product? That would make it the hands down winner over winamp!

Thx!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:21:52 pm »

Another "Winampy" qeustion .... your product seems to crush winamp in many ways, but another great feature I miss from winamp besides the "mini-view DOCK bar" is the notification bubbles on track change...

Does anyone know if either of those features are going to be implemented in this product? That would make it the hands down winner over winamp!

There is a Playing Now plugin - perhaps that will help.  See: http://accessories.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php and search for Playing Now.  It is by RhinoBanga.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 06:44:45 pm »

I'm sorry I feel like an idiot just for asking.... but I can't find a "search" box from that page.... how do i search?  A google search sent me to a million wrong places, as you can imagine "now playing" is not very unique google search ;)

MrC

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 06:58:49 pm »

Use your browser's built-in find.   Firefox and IE9 is Ctrl-F.  You'll find Playing Now on the page.

MrC

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 07:32:18 pm »

I may be sending you on a wild goose chase.  The plug-in was purchased by JRiver ages ago, and has not been updated.  The version being downloaded/installed from the Plug-ins page is older than the version I purchased when it was being updated by the original author.

See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56663.0

Unless someone chimes in otherwise, perhaps its not worth spending time here.

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 01:13:45 pm »

Best skin i found was 'nofrills'. It doesn't compare to the dockbar from winamp, but the podcast support of MJ is MUUUUUCH better then winamp.... Oh well, can't have my cake and eat it too ;)  Would be a great feature to add in the future though...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 01:36:24 pm »

I like the "Paradigm Essence" mini view. Go to Mini View Skins and select recent and it should show up. You can have it be "Always on top."

zendoo

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 03:56:03 pm »

Hey all!
I would love a dock-bar too because docked things seem to be able to REALLY STAY ON TOP (if i watch a movie in fullscreen or put foxitreader to fullscreen the MiniView is not gonna stay on top :(...)
And also to have it out of the way totally until you need the MiniView...
So I request too: Make a "Dock" option for the MiniView PLEEEEEASSSSSSSSEEEE,
THANKS - Else great work, as always...
Pages: [1]   Go Up