INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube Acting Up [Solved]  (Read 1283 times)

audioqueso

• Recent member
Youtube Acting Up [Solved]
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:19:20 am »

I'm getting odd behavior with Youtube.
I have Media Center 16 on my HTPC.  Clean install of Windows 7-64 bit.  Drivers, updates, flash, etc.
I can play youtube when in Theater Mode, but some videos will not play.  I receive an error "The webpage cannot be dsplayed"
However, I have a laptop that had a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit a few weeks ago.  Drivers, etc, etc updated.  I installed Media Center 16 as my test pilot.  In theater view, some of the videos from youtube that do NOT work in the HTPC, work in the laptop.  I've restarted the system, checked to make sure all the configs are identical.  Both media centers configured to use IE.  I can't see any difference in software configs.

Some examples, if I go to Youtube>Top Rated:
Eminem - Love The Way You Lie
Katy Perry - Firework
Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor
Waka Waka (This Time For Africa)

They run perfectly fine in theater mode when using the laptop.  On the HTPC, they won't display.

Under theater mode, is media center actually using the Internet Explorer engine?  Or built-in?

audioqueso

• Recent member
Re: Youtube Acting Up
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:26:49 am »

Under theater mode, is media center actually using the Internet Explorer engine?  Or built-in?

Nevermind.  I found the problem.
MC uses Internet Explorer 32-bit engine for Youtube.

I have Windows 7 64-bit.  I had Google Chrome and IE 64-bit updated with everything, and youtube worked just fine.  However, even though I don't use IE 32-bit, MC does.  So after I updated IE 32-bit, MC's youtube function worked perfectly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up