INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard view, "Name" field: 2 issues.  (Read 874 times)

kgosfm

• Recent member
Standard view, "Name" field: 2 issues.
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:54:06 pm »

while in Standard view, under the "Name" field, I'm having a couple of issues that I can't figure out. 

First, why is there no way to edit that field?  The "rename" option in the drop down menu is unavailable (grayed out). I have albums/tracks that show up under "Beatles" AND "The Beatles" (for example), with no way to consolidate them.  Even though the artist on both sets is "Beatles", the material is split up. Rather annoying. 

Secondly, any album with more than one artist (movie soundtracks, for example) is listed as (Multiple Artists) in the "Name" field.  So, a Peter Gabriel song on a soundtrack album will not show up under the Peter Gabriel "Name" (or "Artist" field either, for that matter).

I guess I'm trying to have every track by any specific artist show up in the same place in a library.  Does that make sense?  Am I missing some obvious sort option?

Any help is appreciated...

Steve G

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Standard view, "Name" field: 2 issues.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:02:39 pm »

MC allows you to change the track [Name] field; see the action window or try F2 in the panes.

Is this a read-only library (i.e. a client connected to media server)?

You are mentioning the [Name] field - are you meaning [Artist] since you are referring to the "(Multiple Artists)" auto-created pseudo-value.

See Album Artist and Album Artist (auto) here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

The stock views use Artist, which is really Album Artist (auto).  You can use Artist instead if you want.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up