INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Quality  (Read 707 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Low Quality
« on: May 14, 2011, 06:47:24 am »

While I have no need for wooden volume knobs on my amp I do like a reasonable high quality audio/video experience.
Sometimes however in life you come across the opposite end of the spectrum.  Things you come across things and you think... just how did someone create something as bad as this with our 12 megapixel cameras, and high quality microphones and so forth.

My pet hate at the moment is on hold call systems.  I mean as if it isn't  bad enough having to sit on hold for 20 minutes anyway it seems like every company over the past 5 years has bought this same phone system which makes farting noises as it tries to play music to you..  It usually has 3 songs on a loop, unlike the old systems that just played Greensleaves using some kind of MIDI sampler style system.

Now I get that everyone has different music tastes so that's never bothered me to much.   However what is irritating is this audio quality that comes with it.  I'm fairly sure I'd get a better recording if I played the song through an Ipod with a tiny tinny set of speakers sat on top of a washing machine on full spin, recorded with the microphone on my laptop.  Which ever engineer built these things needs shooting many times.  
These systems seem to somehow corrupt the audio into this horrible farty hiss every four seconds or so.  Of course the company you're phoning doesn't care so much as they're not the ones on hold....

Here's to all things HD and good quality audio systems:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ItNxpwChE
Pages: [1]   Go Up