INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15 No sound and progress bar advances rapidly  (Read 1318 times)

jhadams001

Media Center 15 is having an issue. I hope you can help. I have a playlist of MP3 files. When I go to play a file there is no sound and the progress indicator moves across the window at a fast rate. I have tried looking at the settings and have tried different ones with no luck. I have SB audigy 2 along with SRS HD Audio Lab. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Media Center had been working perfectly and I can't determine what was done to stop it. I have tried selecting the Default Windows Output, SRS HD Audio and SB Audigy Output mode settings. Output mode is direct sound but I have tried Wave Out

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 15 No sound and progress bar advances rapidly
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »

Are you sure the Audio Output mode is set to Direct Sound in Playback Options? Your description would match the Disk Writer output mode.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jhadams001

Re: Media Center 15 No sound and progress bar advances rapidly
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:14:32 pm »

I did just check again and it is set to Direct Sound. Sound works perfectly with all other applications
Pages: [1]   Go Up