INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.100 -- Available Here  (Read 5400 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 16.0.100 -- Available Here
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:03:24 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

More on Red October

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates (Set the option in Startup/Update Channels to "Latest" to get the build normally found here)
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160100.exe

16.0.100 (5/31/2011)

1. Fixed: Quickly switching videos could lead to a crash.
2. Changed: When restoring an old library that does not contain settings, the program will succeed on the library restore (but of course not restore settings) instead of report a failure that required a user to uncheck the option to restore settings.
3. Faster: Editing a field of the type 'Large Value' (like lyrics) for a large number of files is much faster.
4. Fixed: Editing a huge number of files where all tagging would fail (due to a disconnected drive, etc.) could cause a memory leak.
5. Changed: Editing a large number of files uses less memory.
6. Fixed: Red October video playback would crash on some mpeg files, especially on Windows XP when ffdshow was configured to decode mpeg with libmpeg2 (now using libavcodec).
7. Changed: Updated to latest LAV splitter (.28) which better handles MTS files.
8. NEW: EXIF GPS information for latitude and longitude is read more completely (right-click > Update Library from Tags to fill existing files).
9. NEW: Added right-click image option "Locate on Google Maps" (only appears for images that contain GPS information in the Latitude and Longitude fields).
10. Changed:  When possible, video stream selection is made before DirectShow graph is built.
11. Changed: When viewing a playlist of images and videos, the word 'Stop' will no longer appear on the on screen display when transitioning from one to the other.
12. Fixed: VC-1 files (e.g. Blu-Ray MKV's) wouldn't play on many WinXP systems.
13. Changed: Use ffdshow for mpeg-1 decoding rather than using Microsoft. Seems to be higher quality.
14. Changed: When a video starts, the background only shows 'Opening...', etc. if the video takes longer than a second to start playing, making for a smoother visual transition between videos.
15. Changed: DirectShow graph building mode option added to Options/Video page replacing the two Red October checkboxes with a single three state drop box.
16. Fixed: Smartlists could fail to show choices that were logical when the smartlist contained OR conditions or list-type fields.
17. Changed: Red October will attempt to use Power DVD video decoders 9, 10, or 11 if installed on Windows XP where there is no system DVD video decoder.

16.0.99 (5/27/2011)

1. Changed: With Red October turned off, DirectShow graph building is back to the Merit based "smart" rendering style using user selected custom filters.
2. Changed: New option "Use additional custom filters for Red October" under the Red October checkbox in Options/Video. (Whitelist)
3. Changed: Added ffdshow raw video, CoreAVC, and PowerDVD 10 video decoders to whitelist.

16.0.98 (5/26/2011)

1. Changed: Added LAV-CUVID and Power DVD 11 video decoders to the white list.
2. Fixed: Video conversion was broken for DLNA & Library Server video playback.

16.0.97 (5/25/2011)

1. Fixed: During video playback, the channel headroom was not being provided to Room Correction, so the total output level could be lower than necessary.
2. Fixed: AC3 was appearing twice in File Types.
3. Faster: JRSS down-mix processing is 245% faster (i.e. 5.1 to 2.0, etc.).
4. Fixed: Navigating in Theater View could crash when skipping multiple browse levels that only contained a single choice.
5. Fixed: When scanning for television channels, the new channels would show in 'Recently Imported'.
6. Fixed: Shutting down the program could be unnecessarily stalled for a second by the remote control engine.
7. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
8. Changed: Added the ability to add a 'Mute' filter to DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer.
9. Changed: With Red October off, user selected audio or video decoders will be used (if a decoder you would like to use does not get used, please report the filter details -- support is currently done on a white-list basis).
10. Changed: With Red October off, when ffdshow is manually selected as a decoder for a file type, auto-configuration of ffdshow will be disabled.
11. Changed: Microsoft's "Stream Buffer Source" filter is used to render dvr-ms and wtv files.
12. Changed: Updated to latest LAV splitter (.27) which better handles TS files.

16.0.96 (5/24/2011)

1. Fixed: When JRSS mixed from 5.1 or 7.1 to 4.0 or lower, the subwoofer level could be too low (now respects the option 'Source is correctly mastered for +10 dB calibration').
2. Fixed: Videos with low sample rates could fail to play if the sound card did not support a low sample rate (DSP Studio > Output Format is now automatically configured if necessary).
3. Changed: Removed skinning from system Font dialog because skinning doesn't nicely support all of the controls used by the dialog on some versions of Windows.
4. Fixed: DLNA Servers would expose a new ID each run until they were configured once.
5. Changed: Red October now sets the "threadsnum" parameter for ffdshow to 4.
6. NEW: "FPS" (frame rate) field for video, filled in during import time.
7. Changed: Tuned how MC16.exe /MonitorToggle works so that it should work with more configurations.
8. Changed: Allow DLNA server to serve unconverted streaming content.
9. Fixed: WMV files that contained video that the system Windows Media video decoder filter did not support would not work properly with Red October.
10. Changed: Red October subtitle handling is improved.
11. Fixed: Toggling in and out of Theater View could be problematic.
12. Changed: Android video conversion now uses the Red October system.
13. NEW: Media Center adds itself to the 'Default programs' list on Vista and Windows 7.
14. Fixed: At system shutdown time, Media Center could hold up the shutdown because it was trying to communicate with the Service which was already shut down.

16.0.95 (5/20/2011)

1. Fixed: WOL for WAN hosts and fixed to handle multiple interfaces properly.
2. Changed: Red October will use PowerDVD 9 when available for video decoding on systems where the Microsoft decoders are not available (normally XP systems).
3. Changed: Updated to new version of ffdshow (ffdshow_rev3850_20110511_xhmikosr_MSVC2010.exe).
4. Fixed: VMR 9 was not working nicely with DVD.
5. Changed: Removed the option DSP Studio > Output Format option 'Something outside Media Center will make the subwoofer +10 dB (standard calibration)'.  All level calibration should be done using Room Correction.
6. Changed: Room Correction allows setting levels from -20dB to +20dB (previously it had a range of -12dB to +12dB).
7. NEW: The Output Format and Room Correction systems work together better to track the available headroom in each audio channel so that unnecessary attenuation is never performed.
8. Fixed: DSP Studio > Room Correction would unnecessarily attenuate all channels when they all had negative volume levels (only the relative differences should matter).
9. Changed: Library and playlist views do not show a playing overlay on a thumbnail when it's the active playback file but playback is stopped (or else the green play overlay causes confusion with the 'Play' text link).
10. Changed: Tuned the slow double click mechanism for in-place list editing so that a fast double-click that just misses being a double-click won't start editing.
11. Fixed: Thumbnailing and analyzing of video files now works with Red October.
12. Changed: Enabled more subtitle options in Red October mode, hopefully they improve subtitle activation.

16.0.94 (5/19/2011)

1. Fixed: Video volume normalization did not work nicely with VideoClock enabled.
2. Changed: Updated ffdshow download to "rev3832 Apr 29 2011 ICL 12"
3. Fixed: Video playback of files with AC3 audio (HDTV, DVD, etc.) could make goose honking noises on seek.
4. Fixed: With VideoClock enabled, if the video took more than a couple seconds to start, the lip sync would take longer than expected to lock on.
5. Changed: Red October will not use madVR for DVD.
6. Changed: Turned off ffdshow tray icon in auto config mode.
7. Fixed: The direct show connection info now reports the correct filename path for filters when using auto config.
8. Changed: Improved the support of WMV files with Red October.
9. Fixed: Starting TS playback with a bookmark saved could be problematic when using Red October.
10. Changed: Theater View theme video backgrounds use Red October.
11. NEW: Video audio volume normalization considers the video type being played so that it can make better decisions about the levels.
12. Fixed: MC crashed in some cases when playing videos with Red October turned off.

16.0.93 (5/18/2011)

1. NEW: Television time-shifting filters will now properly handle channel switching that involves audio format changes (from AC3 to MPEG and vice versa).
2. NEW: Added support for .ac3 audio files.
3. Fixed: Mpeg-1 video from a URL was not playing in auto config mode.
4. Fixed: The volume control was not updating properly to connect to the proper sound card for video playback.
5. Fixed: When the audio stream format changes in the middle of a video, the volume control would not be updated to reflect the bitstreaming status.
6. NEW: DVD playback uses the new video graph building system.
7. NEW: Added Options > Video > Audio for Video, DVD, & Television > Normalize volume.
8. Changed: Properties for ffdshow audio/video decoders can no longer be shown when in auto config mode. Previously this caused a crash.

16.0.92 (5/18/2011)

1. Fixed: In some cases, an existing installation of ffdshow could cause video playback to fail.
2. Fixed: On XP systems, if VMR 9 was not available, video playback would fail.
3. Changed: Internal changes to how video playback is configured and played.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 16.0.100 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 05:10:12 pm »

For anyone that wants to bitstream Dolby Digital or other formats to a receiver, you will need to set the 'Connection type' in Options > Video.

More information here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Connection_Type

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:23:07 pm »

9. NEW: Added right-click image option "Locate on Google Maps" (only appears for images that contain GPS information in the Latitude and Longitude fields).

Cool!

11. Changed: When viewing a playlist of images and videos, the word 'Stop' will no longer appear on the on screen display when transitioning from one to the other.
14. Changed: When a video starts, the background only shows 'Opening...', etc. if the video takes longer than a second to start playing, making for a smoother visual transition between videos.

Thank you SO much for this.  I never explicitly asked for it, but that will make the Video Wall display in our office's lobby look much slicker.  It always was basically completely seamless with MC12, but since I updated to newer versions we always get the very brief black screen with "Opening" listed.

It does also seem to crash fairly often while showing this "Opening..." screen (and probably loading the DirectShow filters).  It used to run for MONTHS at a time without issue back in the MC12 days, but lately I get a crash roughly once every two weeks or so.  I just reboot the machine and it automatically fixes itself, but it would be nice to not have the issue as often.  Now I need to just go down there and actually update that to a current build of MC16...  ;)

It basically plays the same Playing Now list in a continuous loop 24/7.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 06:52:43 pm »

Donīt working DVD.

Look:

I am using XP SP3. Now?

Fabricio, from Brazil

rjm

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:11:25 pm »

Also confirming dvd playback still broken on XP (with Power DVD 11 and other DVD decoders installed). Error message as per Fabricio above.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 07:15:41 pm »

I can't get this build to work at all.  I've tried Red October with additional filters and Windows merit based and both throw up an error when I try to play an MKV with the following filters:

LAV Splitter
LAV Audio Decoder
Cyberlink PDVD10 video decoder
ffdshow raw video filter (still not fixed?)
madVR

DirectShow Unspecified error Code=0x800004005

I'm not able to get anything to play.

UPDATE:

Removing the ffdshow raw video filter makes it work.  Without the ffdshow raw video filter, I can't get subtitles in this configuration. 

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 07:33:04 pm »

Can't get any MKVs (SD and HD material) to play using "Windows Merit".   DirectShow Unspecified error Code=0x800004005

Using LAVF splitter/audio, ffdshow Video, madVR

Works if I turn RO on with both options there.  One thing strange, when I choose (with additional...) and start playback, movies starts fine and plays.  BUt notice what shows in Process Explorer.  It's loading the splitter from my install and also from the JRiver plugin install.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 09:03:02 pm »

Good work with this realease as on my test library:
* RO = All files play (now including video the pcm_s16be track !)
* RO + Additional Filters = All files play with my prefered filters (primarly LAVAudio over FFDSHOW Audio)
* Windows Merit Based = As reported by others, No files play with a DirectShow Unspecified error Code=0x800004005
JRiver CEO Elect

)p(

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 12:35:51 am »

7. Changed: Updated to latest LAV splitter (.28) which better handles MTS files.

This fixes the mts files issue I had with the previous build.

vagskal

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 04:35:59 am »

3. Faster: Editing a field of the type 'Large Value' (like lyrics) for a large number of files is much faster.

Thanks! Also just switching from one file to another when the large value field (lyrics or review in my case) is opened in the tag window is much faster.

(Sorry, I do not have any new bugs to report, so you can just delete this post if you feel you must. I just wanted to point out a small enhancement that made tagging those fields a lot smoother.)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:08 am »

This fixes the mts files issue I had with the previous build.
Glad to hear the fix works for you! :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 07:58:20 am »

I was using LAV Splitter (.27). MC would crash when trying to open a video file (MKV) with either Red October option. I installed .28 and it worked fine. I registered .27 again just to check it and no longer have any crashes. Is there some mismatch between versions that requires reregistering for it to work?

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 08:01:06 am »

I was using LAV Splitter (.27). MC would crash when trying to open a video file (MKV) with either Red October option. I installed .28 and it worked fine. I registered .27 again just to check it and no longer have any crashes. Is there some mismatch between versions that requires reregistering for it to work?

It's complicated.  MC16 has its own private copy of LAV filters.  When you register your own, it seems to get confused and pull different things from each directory. At least that's what Nev found the other day.  When the dll's from 0.27 were used with 0.28's AX file, it crashed.

TheLion

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
madFlac as default flac decoder
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 02:40:14 pm »

BUG: I try to use madFlac not just for my audio streams in video files (this works of course) BUT also as default decoder for audio only flac files (which are pretty much my whole collection). When I manually select madFlac (options\file types\other filters) this decoder is said to be not installed (see attachment).

My guess is you are still looking for the wrong CLSID! (selecting ffdshow audio decoder works fine with the newest build)

Thank you!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: madFlac as default flac decoder
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 02:45:59 pm »

BUG: I try to use madFlac not just for my audio streams in video files (this works of course) BUT also as default decoder for audio only flac files (which are pretty much my whole collection). When I manually select madFlac (options\file types\other filters) this decoder is said to be not installed (see attachment).

My guess is you are still looking for the wrong CLSID! (selecting ffdshow audio decoder works fine with the newest build)

You should use the native FLAC plugin for FLAC audio playback for the best results.

In Options > File Types > FLAC, select 'Automatic'.

For video, we're double-checking the CLSID.

TheLion

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 03:11:10 pm »

Thanks Matt. But if you give the user the option to select the default decoder for a given format it should work, shouldn't it? madFlac is the only flac decoder I trust with each and every format/channel configuration.

For video madFlac is working great!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 03:42:02 pm »

Thanks Matt. But if you give the user the option to select the default decoder for a given format it should work, shouldn't it? madFlac is the only flac decoder I trust with each and every format/channel configuration.

In this case madFLAC won't connect to LAV Source.  It's possible that madshi or nevcairiel would have some insight.

However, you will get the best results (bit-perfect output, sample-perfect seeking, best stability, best performance, etc.) using native audio input plugins when possible for audio-only playback.

TheLion

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »

Thanks, I take your word for it! But this statement makes me want to request making your flac plugin available for video playback as well (eg. flac in mkv) ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up