Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI  (Read 1288 times)

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck
WASAPI
« on: May 31, 2011, 11:08:53 pm »

I am having a strange issue with WASAPI.  After starting my computer and then starting jriver, the first time I play a song I get a hissing sound.  No music - only hissing!  After closing JRiver and starting it again, that same song plays fine.  I am not sure what is causing this.  The only sound device on my computer is the Realtek HDMI Output.  This device is configured for 5.1 sound.  I am using Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit.

Any suggestions?

David

Darth B

• Recent member
Re: WASAPI
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:52:09 am »

Are you using the Realtek HDMI Output with an ATI graphics card?  I've always had problems making the Realtek driver work with my ATI card.  I just use the ATI drivers instead - works everytime.

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:41:35 pm »

I will try the ATI drivers.

David

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 06:25:48 pm »

Are you using the Realtek HDMI Output with an ATI graphics card?  I've always had problems making the Realtek driver work with my ATI card.  I just use the ATI drivers instead - works everytime.

Works better now.  No problems playing music right after PC start up.  Another problem that I am having is pausing music using WASAPI.  For some reason the music skips (and continues to skip) when I hit pause. 

Any suggestions?

David

Tiger100

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 06:30:27 pm »

Works better now.  No problems playing music right after PC start up.  Another problem that I am having is pausing music using WASAPI.  For some reason the music skips (and continues to skip) when I hit pause. 

Any suggestions?

David

Forget that last question.  I checked the options for output mode settings and noticed a setting to flush device buffers on pause.  This solved the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up