INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When adding a second library from 15, does it overwrite 16's main library?  (Read 1491 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

I been trying to get 16 videos to work as some of you know. i been importing files for 6 days now. yesterday i was finished importing files and the thumbnails process started. only 50,000 thumbs to go, and i had to reboot machine. So when i rebooted i thought before i start finishing up thumbs, i would try to add my other library to 16 ( I only have 3 days left for trial until it expires) So i loaded that library named Chris. and then i also changed my Main library name to SERVER. Well after importing/restoring chris playlists/settings, i went back to SERVER library. And everything i had done was X'd out, and i noticed in auto import all my locations were back to my old locations (not network locations). luckily i had made a backup. But I'm curious if maybe i'm adding second libraries the wrong way? or if 15's Chris library has some traces of 15's Main library in it, which then wiped out all my thumbnails, and file locations in 16's library?

BTW I finally got majority of my issues fixed with not being able to play dvd's, Flash videos being cut off, and subtitles not working, Thanks Jmone for all your time, and help with this!

Once i'm fully up and running, I will find those posts and mention the fixes for others.

Family And I are so happy these things all work now!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

A library restore replaces the currently active library with the restored library. The actual database files in the library location are replaced with the database files from the zipped backup archive.

The auto-import settings are library specific. Each library has its own auto-import settings. A restored library will initially load the auto-import settings that were in use when the library backup archive was created (probably the settings match the content locations and file types if auto-import was in use).

Add a new empty library to a separate location and restore when it is active. The restored database files will be stored in that location. You can give this library any name. The names are just for display.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

HTPC4ME

Thanks Alex.... 3276 thumbs to go. and i'll give that a try.
Awww almost ready to enjoy again :D

vicini

• World Citizen

this brings up a question.
when i do a library restore, why does it always update thumbnails for all files after i do a import to catch up on files added since the last back-up?

Scott
Scott

HTPC4ME

that is a good question as well.
takes me on average 10 - 12 hours to update thumbs.
Tips anyone?

vicini

• World Citizen

hmmm, i have a library of about 70,000 or so, mostly music, some tv show and about 20 movies. updating the thums usually take about 2 hours.
in the meantime, i have unchecked "Build Thumbnails" in media import. i figured they have been built already.

i'll keep looking here for any updates

scott
Scott

vicini

• World Citizen

well, while doing a search on the board, i found this

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63918.0

is it possible to change default location for thumbnails like we can for the temp, library backup and conversion directory? future release hopefully?
unless it's an oversight...
it would be a BIG +

scott
Scott

HTPC4ME

Alex. I'm rocking, i now have both libraries in 16. And working!
Thank you!

is it possible to change default location for thumbnails like we can for the temp, library backup and conversion directory? future release hopefully?
unless it's an oversight...
it would be a BIG +
I store all my thumbs on a seperate drive, and i use regedit to change the thumbnail path. Did you want that info?

vicini

• World Citizen

I store all my thumbs on a seperate drive, and i use regedit to change the thumbnail path. Did you want that info?

I wonder if doing a "Junction" of \Application Data\J River to the NAS would be a better idea?
i guess a proect for another day..
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up