INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showroom  (Read 845 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Showroom
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:30:07 am »

Thanks for all the improvements on Theater View, it looks great and has a much more intuitive layout!

• Ability to use the Showroom (3D wall) list style in any view

Can Showroom settings be customized, for example random sorting of albums or alphabetical place-marks? Is it possible to set a default list style for each library field/item from the Options/Theater View panel?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Showroom
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:48:06 pm »

I'd love to see some improvements to Showroom...

• It doesn't work well for movies because it doesn't respect the aspect ratio of movie cover art.  People have been asking for this for a couple of years a forum search shows.  Matt himself said it would be nice to have.  Perhaps a simple way to avoid the problem of it looking bad with multiple aspect ratio images in the same wall is to allow only one aspect ratio per wall.  The Audio wall could be CD-aspect (square, as it currently is) and the Showroom view for Video could be the standard aspect ratio for movie covers.  99% of the use cases will be Audio only and Video only.
  • It would be nice if Showroom showed some info (name at least) when you stop on an item.
  • Selecting an item could zoom and show useful detail info, instead of just zooming and doing nothing as it currently does.
  • Using the same code base, perhaps an option to have just a single row of larger images (analogous to coverflow) instead of the big wall, would be nice too.

I think it's great that the Showroom view was added.  Speaking as someone who is running MC on my HTPC, Theater mode is a big priority for me, and Showroom is an area where MC could add just a touch of flashiness... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up