Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIO 80  (Read 898 times)

Phillip

RIO 80
« on: May 31, 2002, 05:05:34 pm »

Is anybody else having problems transfering files to their RIO 800 mp3 player?  When I try the program crashes.  Been doing this for months now and was hoping with later builds the problem would be solved but no dice.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.  Running the latest version of MJ and plug-in with WinXP.

Steve

RE:RIO 80
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2002, 05:18:45 am »

Phillip,

Can you email me at steve @ jriver.com and I would like to send you a test program that might help me troubleshoot this. There are some driver issues with Rio and XP that need to be worked out.  Also, can you tell me if you are having any trouble with Rio's software?

Thanks,

Steve

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 04:21:26 pm »

I am having the same problem with my Rio 800.
MJ 8, CRASHES.

Can you help?

jbopp@csi.com

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 05:02:43 pm »

What version of MJ?

Does the Rio software work?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Phillip

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2002, 05:08:15 pm »

Are you using Audible Manager software to install audio books on your player?  This is where I was having problems.

Steve

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2002, 05:10:48 am »

Jimmy,

After working with Phillip, I found a problem that may be what you are having. Phillip had downloaded and deleted a series of audible book files using the program called Audio Manager. We do not produce Audio Manager so I can't say why it does not fully delete these files, but after some testing we found that references to these files still remained in his memory after file deletions. This caused MJ's Plug-in to crash. I posted a new Plug-in yesterday that hopefully works around the inability for other programs to remove these files fully. Please get the latest version of the v8 Plug-in (v 3.0.8) and see if your problem goes away. Try reformatting your card (right-click on Rio-800 after initializing the player) and see if that helps.

If you are still having problems, search on your PC for the following files,Rio8drv.sys and Rio8drv.inf and let me know the dates on these files.

Thanks.

Steve (JRiver)
Pages: [1]   Go Up