INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using onboard audio for seperate zones.  (Read 2306 times)

simonk

• Recent member
Using onboard audio for seperate zones.
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:38:32 pm »

I'm setting up a new server with a Gigabyte GA-D525TUD motherboard which has onboard Realtek ALC888B codec audio.  It appears that I can set this up to use the three sockets as outputs on the back of the motherboard.  The Realtec HD Audio Manager allows you to assign each port as a output for various parts of the sound, so you can put front left and right out one socket, rear left and right out the other socket and center/sub woofer out the third.  This all appears to be working fine within the Audio Manager I can click on a specific speaker and the audio comes out the correct speaker in the correct room.

I've set up three zones in MC16 and directed each zone to a seperate set of speakers via the Output mode settings but it doesn't matter what zone I play music from it all comes out of the socket that is defined in the Audio Manager as the front speakers.

Anyone any ideas as why I cannot get this to work, is it MC16, is it Realtek drivers or is it just me misunderstanding what can be done?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Using onboard audio for seperate zones.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »

Under 'Device' in your screenshot, does the hardware offer its different lines as different devices?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

simonk

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »

Under 'Device' in your screenshot, does the hardware offer its different lines as different devices?

In the device dropdown list I have the option of Prmary Sound Driver or Speakers(Realtek High Definition Audio) and Channels gives me the options shown below:

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:11:05 am »

From memory I think there is a setting in the Realtek settings that lets you use outputs as different devices. I think they call it multistreaming.

simonk

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:43:54 am »

I gave up in the end on using the internal sound and stuck in a Creative Audigy2(I think) soundcard that I had lying around and used kx project drivers, which allows me to do exactly what I need.

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?language=en

zander5985

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 05:53:20 am »

I'm having the exact same problem with my onboard sound (Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3P motherboard and Realtek sound driver). If I configure the output channel in MC16 to be Centre/Sub or Rear, the sound only ever comes out Front speakers.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?
Pages: [1]   Go Up