INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do we get Recently imported, never played working after re-import?  (Read 1064 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

I've had to reimport my whole library. in theaterview under recently imported, never watched.  none of them are correct due to reimporting my whole library.. Is there anyway to get the recently imported back by date that imported them onto system, not into jriver?

Thanks for any help

With alot of files, not having recently imported, never watched working after re-import makes it tough.

Lasse_Lus

to keep old data, you need to import them, export mpl from old db and import them into the new..
MT5FR

HTPC4ME

thanks for reply.. where is this .mpl located please?
will this also revert our playlists, smartlists etc? cause those have been changed since.

Lasse_Lus

you can export to mpl via export playlist

will this also revert our playlists, smartlists etc? cause those have been changed since.
nope

it will break your thumbnails though, so you have to rebuild them...also please test first with a reduced number of files..

when you do stuff like this, you need patience and reconcile afterwards, it's quite much like accounting

note: [date imported] may need the mpl imported twice
note2: all the data in the mpl file will force to overwrite the old, so if you have changed anything in the new database it will revert to the old..if that is the case you can change the fields in the mpl file from for example artist to artistx then this field will not get imported/overwritten

MT5FR

HTPC4ME

ok i'll pass. takes me 2-3 days to reimport/build thumbs. Not worth it.

Thanks for info. will save this post for next Full import that's needed, and give it a go :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up