INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Server  (Read 2795 times)

katywu

• Recent member
DLNA Server
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:00:09 pm »

I'm having some problems with J River MC15 (DLNA Server/Renderer) and PlugPlayer on my iPad. I wonder if anyone can suggest a fix for this please? Basically I have enabled DLNA Server and DLNA Renderer in the Media Network options and am trying to control my music collection within J River from PlugPlayer.

The first track I select usually plays OK then on subsequent tracks I get about 1-2 secs of audio then it repeats for 1-2 secs before playing the full track. This happens all the time. What's interesting is that when I stream to my WDTV (still controlled via PP on iPad) I don't get this problem at all.

I don't get this problem when I RDP into J River MC15 and select the tracks from within the application?

Thanks for any suggestion, i's driving me mad!

horse

• World Citizen
Re: DLNA Server
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:15:20 am »

I get this "type" of problem every now and then sending music to my Denon receiver via DLNA. Not quite the same, but gets stuck playing 2-3 seconds.
The only way I solve it is to restart MC and it is all OK again. One day I'll catch some logs and find out what is really happening.

Another suggestion is to use WebRemote in MC with the iPad and Safari, I've found it so much simpler, especially if you add the CarbonFiber iPad skin.
I use it all the time controlling multiple zones on MC, including DLNA to Denon and WD TV, and 3 audio sound cards directly attached to the server driving speakers around the house.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:56:13 pm »

I'm having some problems with J River MC15 (DLNA Server/Renderer) and PlugPlayer on my iPad. I wonder if anyone can suggest a fix for this please? Basically I have enabled DLNA Server and DLNA Renderer in the Media Network options and am trying to control my music collection within J River from PlugPlayer.

The first track I select usually plays OK then on subsequent tracks I get about 1-2 secs of audio then it repeats for 1-2 secs before playing the full track. This happens all the time. What's interesting is that when I stream to my WDTV (still controlled via PP on iPad) I don't get this problem at all.

I don't get this problem when I RDP into J River MC15 and select the tracks from within the application?

Thanks for any suggestion, i's driving me mad!

There is a setting in plugplayer to ignore stop events. Try turning that on. Works for me.
On your iDevice, do Settings->Plug Player->Ignore Stop Event (ON).

katywu

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:29:13 pm »

Bob,

First signs very promising, looking good :)

Thanks very much

katywu

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:50 pm »

Bob,

Sorry to report but the same issue has come back again ?

Any other suggestions, is this something to do with the renderer aspect do you think?

I have both the server and renderer check in the media server config but not the control.

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 09:53:43 am »

Hmmm, I can't seem to get that behavior here.

The control option doesn't need to be enabled.
What does your library look like (what type of files)?

katywu

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 12:30:45 pm »

Bob,

I have about 10,000 songs, mainly ripped in FLAC, some mp3 and some in WAV (tagged with dBpoweramp).

I doubled checked the PP settings and everything is switched on, not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:28:58 am »

The next build (>=16.0.111) will short circuit the playback when the server and client are the same running MC (when you are using a DLNA control as a remote). Let's see if that helps. I'm thinking the mixed nature of your database might be giving PP trouble...

katywu

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:55:36 pm »

Bob

Thanks for the info, I will give the new version a try when available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up