INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help and advice for a new user please  (Read 855 times)

pacemaker1000

• Recent member
help and advice for a new user please
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:35:10 pm »

runing the mC16 Demo on win7 with ati 4650

managed to get it working for BD playback which is the main reason for trying this software and have to say so far its impressive for this purpose. But i also need family friendly and this is where i am struggling

the TV tuner card (a black Gold BDA device) is recognised and gets channels nothing wil play.
i have a lot of files in folders collected meta data by media center master. MC shows films but with made up thumns not the ones in the folders

i basicly need MC to load automatically to theatre view and be able to operate everything from here simular to MediaBrowser that i currently use

also when i run red october with madvr everything stutters badly( in MPC-HC its just BD rips that do this) . I have a 4650 as said and a 2.7 dual core
i plan to upgrade my graphics immediately and wondered if either a GT430 or 6570 would cure this problem or whether i need a more powerful cpu?

thanks and i am sure i will need plenty more advice if i get over these initial hurdles

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Re: help and advice for a new user please
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:38:19 pm »

For starters, before you purchase, I would recommend that you take a look at Media Center 17, as that is the latest version out there and will offer you better support and compatibility.

Here is the MC17 thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=23.0

For your question about starting MC in theater view, follow these steps:

Tools -> Options -> Startup -> Startup Interface -> Mode -> Select Theater View

Pages: [1]   Go Up