INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving images from Internet  (Read 1537 times)

vinod_david

• Recent member
Saving images from Internet
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:37:17 am »

Folks:

I am using MC16 demo version, and it's stunning. But, I have a problem. Whenever I save ".jpg" image or any image file for that matter from net, its automatically saved in MC icon and when i open it, the image goes to MC, which I don't like. I want my MC16 to be for just audio alone. I am planning to buy it if this minor thing is solved. Please help in solving this.

TIA. :)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:09:58 am »

Welcome,

Looks like when you installed MC you chose option to associate all file types with MC.

To undo this you have 2 choices:

1) Go to Tools\Options\File Types\Image and set file association to No for the file types you do not want MC to open by default. Note that you can select a block of file types and change them all at once if you wish.

2) I think you may also be able to go to the application you do wish to open the image files with (say for example Photoshop) and tell it to associate with the file type which will override MC.

rjm

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:14:22 am »

If you really only want to use MC for audio you might be interested in Tools\Option\General\Features.

Here you can turn off a bunch of non-audio MC features which might simplify and un-clutter your experience.

For example, you can turn off support for internet media, documents, video, notes, podcasts, and TV.

vinod_david

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 03:53:06 am »

Excellent, the images are now native. Thank you. Now, I want to remove these,

> 'Playing from Main Library' under Playing Now. I want only 'Here' under Playing Now.
> Performer Store
> Playlists
> Drives & Devices
> Services & Plug-ins

Possible?

And, in Audio Output mode, I can't see the 'Hardware Direct' option, why is that ?

TIA  :)

vinod_david

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 05:22:49 am »

Anyone, pls. ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:14 am »

Excellent, the images are now native. Thank you. Now, I want to remove these,

> 'Playing from Main Library' under Playing Now. I want only 'Here' under Playing Now.
> Performer Store
> Playlists
> Drives & Devices
> Services & Plug-ins

Possible?

Here is an old forum thread/post that may help: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43993.msg300992#msg300992

In general, you can disable features and remove things from the user interface in:
- Options > General > Features...  (Restart after changing the Feature options.)
- Tools > Plug-in Manager...   (Here you can hide interface and store plug-ins if preferred. Hiding also disables them.)
- In addition you can simplify the selection tree by "right-click-deleting" some of the views and playlist. However, not all tree items allow this.

And, in Audio Output mode, I can't see the 'Hardware Direct' option, why is that ?

A quote from the JRiver wiki (http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes):
ASIO, WASAPI, and Kernel Streaming are all hardware direct.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up