INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Archiving  (Read 1230 times)

Radman

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
DVD Archiving
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:51:38 pm »

I have used Media Jukebox/Center for years primarily as a computer music manager and playback device with relatively limited playback of video. I am beginning to archive my DVD collection and have been studying video containers, MKV, mp4, AVI et al. Some experienced users on this forum and others recommend Matroska as the best container. I have achieved very good results just using the 'built in" Media Center ripper, which results in a "Video TS" folder with .ifo and .vob files, with menus and chapters. I was just wondering what program(?) that Media Center uses to achieve these rips. I assume that these are lossless copies of the DVD, as there seem to be no obvious adjustments for the rip process? Timewise, it seems like an easy choice just to use the built in ripper, especially if it is a lossless copy, since archive space is no longer an issue. I am not asking for a digital video tutorial, but just any opinions about using the built in ripper vs. others such as DVD FAB, Wondershare, Handbrake. Apologies for my relative ignorance on the video topics, and thanks in advance for any replies.

MTK   

N0z1f

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Woo Hoo...
Re: DVD Archiving
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »

I am also looking to archive my dvd collection and would appreciate some pointers.
There is no info on the  help wiki for this feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up