INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC doesn't update rating tag  (Read 1394 times)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
MC doesn't update rating tag
« on: June 16, 2011, 08:24:20 am »

What can I do wrong?

If I change any of the fields mp3 file in MС - I can see these changes in mp3tag and other similar programs. But when I change the rating - I do not see any change in the tag file.

Please help me solve this problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC doesn't update rating tag
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:45:26 am »

I can't reproduce this.

Is it possible you turned off storing the rating field in the tag (Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields... > Rating)?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:57:02 am »

This could also be that the rating tag is non standard. Programs use different tags/menthods for this, so make sure you are looking at the correct one outside of MC.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 04:54:38 pm »

I did several attempts - tag rating is written, it just does not show in mp3tag. Not significant incompatibility for me.

Thanks for yours quick reply

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »

MC uses the POPM ID3v2 frame for the rating. For example Windows Media Player uses the same tag frame. It should show up in Mp3tag as "Popularimeter".

4.18. Popularimeter

The purpose of this frame is to specify how good an audio file is. Many interesting applications could be found to this frame such as a playlist that features better audiofiles more often than others or it could be used to profile a person's taste and find other 'good' files by comparing people's profiles. The frame is very simple. It contains the email address to the user, one rating byte and a four byte play counter, intended to be increased with one for every time the file is played. The email is a terminated string. The rating is 1-255 where 1 is worst and 255 is best. 0 is unknown. If no personal counter is wanted it may be omitted. When the counter reaches all one's, one byte is inserted in front of the counter thus making the counter eight bits bigger in the same away as the play counter ("PCNT"). There may be more than one "POPM" frame in each tag, but only one with the same email address.

<Header for 'Popularimeter', ID: "POPM">
Email to user   <text string> $00
Rating          $xx
Counter         $xx xx xx xx (xx ...)

The email and counter options are not implemented in MC.

More info:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53283.msg363047#msg363047
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up