INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Tag update  (Read 1169 times)

bapaia

Problem with Tag update
« on: June 20, 2011, 09:41:24 am »

I am new to MC16 but I am running into a Tag update problem similar to this one :  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64118.0

After loading files in my library, I have modified some tags with an external tag editor (Tag&rename) and updated my library. I can see, through the Tag Action Window, that MC16 does reads properly the tag changes BUT it refuses to implement thoses changes into the Artists View.

For instance : I had previously two albums of the same group tagged slightly differently. So they appeared logically under two different artist groups under Artists View. After renaming both under one and same Artist Tag I hoped that they would merge under one single Artist group. But nothing does, and the strange part is that the Tag Action Window clearly reads that there is only one and same artist in all albums, but in the Artists View the two different artist groups still remain dissociated in two with the previous spellings.

I tried deleting, renaming, clearing and reloading, and of course "updating library from tags" many times but nothing is doing : MC16 still remains loaded with the original artist folder structure.

This drives me nuts and I have spent quite a bit of time on it - Thank you for your help !

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Problem with Tag update
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:28:28 am »

Welcome!

You don't have to work so hard.  MC has great tagging facilities.

In MC, select all the tracks that for which you want to change the artist (both the correct and incorrect).  In the Tag action window, note the artist field. It should say "Varies" for any field where the selections has more than a single value across the selection.

Now, select the Artist field, and enter your correction there.  Hit enter when correct.  Type-select may help auto-complete the entry for you; if the value is incorrect, don't accept that value, or accept and correct.  There is also an Album Artist field.  Use this to set a single artist to override Multiple Artists logic in Album Artist (auto) which MC manages and fills for you.

You can also edit in a panes view.  Hover mouse over desired column, press F2.  If the column for a field does not exist, add it by right clicking the panes view header.

You may have to hit F5 to refresh.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bapaia

Re: Problem with Tag update
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:27:16 am »

Ok I got !

Very good piece of software, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up