INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I install Arcsoft decoders?  (Read 8946 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
How do I install Arcsoft decoders?
« on: June 17, 2011, 12:47:17 pm »

Hi,

How exactly do I install Arcsoft decoders without installing TMT? I have the TMT 3 installation cd but I don't want to install TMT. I can't figure out how to unpack the setup file and also don't know exactly which files to copy where on my computer. Can anyone give me a step by step guide, including the exact file names and folders where they go?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: How do I install Arcsoft decoders?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »

Install TMT 3, copy the file you need, and uninstall or use system restore. LAV Audio Decoder is the standard audio decoder with Red October and Red October High Quality on MC16. It will decode almost everything, including DTS-HD, but needs the dtsdecoderdll.dll file from your ArcSoft installation. Copy the file in the Windows\System32 folder for Windows 7 32-bit and the Windows\SysWOW64 folder for Windows 7 64-bit. I would recommend using the LAV Audio Decoder with the ArcSoft dts decoder file rather than using the whole ArcSoft decoder. It is simpler and you are assured of the best quality (correct channels, bitdepth, and sample rate).

If using Windows 7 64-bit, you also need to install msvcr70.dll and msvcp70.dll into the SysWOW64 folder. These files are only needed since you have TMT 3. I don't think these are needed for newer versions. You can get these from a Windows 7 32-bit installation, or google them and download.

audunth

Re: How do I install Arcsoft decoders?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 04:14:32 pm »

How about the Arcsoft video decoders? I get some stuttering when trying to play EVO-files with ffdshow, but before when I had TMT3 installed (before reinstalling Win7) it played HD-DVD without stutters. Which files do I need for those?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up