INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not able to use my old DVD decoders (Red October with additional filters)  (Read 1961 times)

Martin166

• Recent member

Iīm not able to use my old DVD decoders with MC 16.0.116 when set to "Advanced - Red October with additional filters".  :(
The DVD playback is working but not with my chosen decoder: the "Direct Show filters" setting (when right-clicking on the video screen while playing back) stays at "MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)" no matter what Decoder I set (even tried "JRiver Video-Engine" as method).

This only happens when playing back DVDs. The "Direct Show filters" setting work correct with different decoders when playing back files like avi, mp4, flv.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Do you have any codec packs installed? You might try uninstalling them first. As far as I know the JRiver default DVD player is the Microsoft decoder so it looks like you have some merit settings jacked up.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Or he's on XP.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Martin166

• Recent member

Or he's on XP.
Yes, I am.
So what is wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

What DVD decoder do you want to use?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Martin166

• Recent member

What DVD decoder do you want to use?
I want to use an old Cyberlink PowerDirector decoder ("PDR MPEG1/2 Video Decoder") on my weak notebook because I get artefacts with the default Red October setting. (And I remember I didnīt get those artefacts or errors on the screen with MC 16.0.087 where I could choose and use that decoder for DVD playback.)

On that notebook I am even not able to get this decoder to work with the "Advanced - Windows merit based" setting though I am on my desktop-pc. I wonder why and have no idea. The software on both machines is quite the same.

When MC is set to "Advanced - Red October with additional filters" both machines donīt play back that chosen decoder. When right-clicking on the video screen while playing back only "MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)" appears. I also have no idea what that is. Nothing happens when clicking on that "MPC - MPEG-2 ..." so I just can configure nothing. I did not install any codec packs. Only the Cyberlink- and a Nero decoder appear from different software that I installed on those computers.

Martin166

• Recent member

Or he's on XP.
Doesnīt it work on XP?

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Doesnīt it work on XP?

That is a feature of Windows 7 (or maybe Vista, but I think it was Win7).  XP requires a 3rd Party decoder.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up