Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EVR CP  (Read 2383 times)

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
EVR CP
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:40:05 pm »

Is there a way to implement EVR CP for those situations like DVD where madVR is not viable? While EVR CP is not madVR it is a nice boost over EVR. The latest MPC-HC now implements EVR Custom Presentation as its default rendering..

roolark

• Recent member
Re: EVR CP
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:58:27 pm »

EVR CP as an option might actually be good.

MPC (which is using EVR CP) plays blu-rays fine on my pc where EVR does not. Because my PC is "low-power", new AMD apu, MadVR actually drops nearly every frame, so it's not useful for me.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: EVR CP
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:32:46 am »

Is there a way to implement EVR CP for those situations like DVD where madVR is not viable?

Before the advent of Red October I used to use MadVR for my DVD VIDEO_TS files and it worked perfectly. I think this was back in about release MC16.86 or so. I needed to do the Microsoft DVD Navigator hack by swapping the System file to the XP version to prevent the Macrovision error with MadVR, but this was quite straightforward to do and well documented on the web. I'm still using the XP version of the system file now with Win7 without any problems (just because I couldn't be bothered to change it back!).  Since the advent of RO, MC now prevents use of MadVR under any circumstances with DVD I think (even when switching off RO) even though it has the potential to work fine.

It would be nice to have an advanced option to use MadVR for DVD for those willing to tinker with the system files. Even if it needs changing a registry entry rather than an option in the settings menu. I'm willing to take the pain if it's fiddly or crashes sometimes!

Matt, is this possible?

Cheers,

SBR

Pages: [1]   Go Up