INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A small request...  (Read 1876 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
A small request...
« on: June 27, 2011, 01:34:06 am »

Would it be possible to add to the tooltip when hoovering over the image in the music tagging panel info on the dimensions and file type and size of the image? This would save me three mouse clicks when I just want to check the status of the cover art.

Thanks.

PS. Sometimes I even dream of having the regular image preview popping up when hoovering over an image in an image column in a list style music view.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
Re: A small request...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:49:45 am »

This would be useful.  I'm forever having to use the "Get From Internet" just to see the size of image I have before I decide whether or not to replace it.  The info hover would be useful over any image.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:18:44 am »

To my way of thinking, a library field that could be used for searches would be more efficient if a feature were to be implemented. For single album's cover art files I find that making the thumbnail size huge gives me a good quick evaluation of what is or is not an acceptable cover art image. With a library field you could both filter/sort and quickly view the dimensions. My 2 cents.... -Jon

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:33:08 am »

I don't import my images - I use MC exclusively for music, so there are no fields for the images to display...  Which is why, for me, a hover option would be perfect.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:46:32 am »

Yes, I don't believe that such a field exists. If it did, I would think that it would relate exclusively to Audio/Video album artwork. Something like [Album Artwork Dimensions], for example. I don't have the album artwork imported into my library either, except as part of the audio files they are associated with.

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 11:36:02 am »

I'm forever having to use the "Get From Internet" just to see the size of image I have before I decide whether or not to replace it.  The info hover would be useful over any image.

You can click on the image in the tag action window to get a bigger display and there you can hoover over the image to see the dimensions. But this requires a couple of mouse clicks.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:42:53 am »

Thanks, that actually is what I need! ;D

vagskal

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 11:47:43 am »

To my way of thinking, a library field that could be used for searches would be more efficient if a feature were to be implemented. For single album's cover art files I find that making the thumbnail size huge gives me a good quick evaluation of what is or is not an acceptable cover art image. With a library field you could both filter/sort and quickly view the dimensions. My 2 cents.... -Jon

Yes, a library field showing in a music view the dimensions of the cover art (embedded or not) for each music file/album would be ideal. But this might not be just "a small request", and it has been requested before but not implemented yet. I was hoping that the (new, I hope) "small" request for just a tooltip addition could be easily implemented (the information is obviously there and the addition would hopefully not brake anything else or cause performance issues) and therefore had a better chance of being implemented rather quickly.

vagskal

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 11:59:56 am »

Thanks, that actually is what I need! ;D

Me too. But I want more. I have a rather large collection, and I am lazy.

If you are doing a lot of checking and updating cover art I recommend checking out the freeware/open source program Album Art Downloader. It is especially designed for this and does it well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up