INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aixcoustic EQ  (Read 1974 times)

gilbert1212

• Recent member
Aixcoustic EQ
« on: June 20, 2011, 09:45:35 pm »

Hi all,

I've been enjoying JRiver for a few months now and try to find the best EQ around. I am currently testing AixCoustic (http://www.aixcoustic.com/index.php/Electri-Q-posihfopit/30/0/) and have not been successful in having it working with JRiver. It appears to work generaly but does not have impact on the sound itself. I have more success with Mediamonkey with this plugin but would prefer to keep JRiver as my main player.

Any idea why this pluging does not work with JRiver (at least in my case)?

Thanks
Gilbert

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Aixcoustic EQ
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:20:02 pm »

You might try the Parametric Equalizer built into Media Center 16.

It's professional quality processing with all 64-bit floating point math.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gilbert1212

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:16:29 pm »

I did try the included parametric EQ but once in a while, sound stops while editing parameters. Any idea what could cause this? I tried on two computers including a Dell XPS (Intel i7-930 with 12gig ram). Also tried it on my dedicated audio pc (runing Atom CPU).

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks for the support.

Gilbert

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:58 pm »

The parametric eq in MC works ok and is good, sound quality-wise. Really needs a graphical interface though and I don't think the filter used in the eq has been changed. The one being used begins rolling the gain off to zero as it approaches half the sample rate. So at 44.1k, that's about 22khz, if you use the eq at any high frequency settings the roll off of frequencies on the right side of the curve will be noticeable. I can begin to hear it at around 10khz but it's subtle, as you increase the freq of the eq beyond here it becomes more obvious. Thread with pictuers to show what I mean... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62921.msg421477#msg421477

I'll probably start using MC's parametric eq when these things change. For now I'm using GlissEQ. Its not free I think its like $99 or so but is very feature rich and is all 64 bit floating calculations as well. They also have a free 16 band 8 channel eq you could try. Both are good and work perfectly with MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up