INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.289 RC  (Read 3093 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.289 RC
« on: May 29, 2002, 02:02:15 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.289 RC is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please make sure you reboot your PC if you prompted to do that by InstallWizard.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Old style Media Jukebox 8.0 licenses (MediaJukebox8.rrg) will not work with this build.  They can be exchanged for a new one by providing your e-mail receipt (should have come from "buy-button @ jriver.com" ).  FORWARD TO music @ jriver.com.  Version 7 licenses CANNOT BE UPGRADED but will work with version 8.0.

Please back up your library and your license (version 7 licenses only; version 8 licenses can be restored from our web page -- see the FAQ for more info).

History:
1. Fixed: Help link for CD Ripping was pointing to the wrong location in the help file.
2. Fixed: CD labeler was printing Neato jewel case inserts (99946) in the wrong location.
3. Fixed: Several DirectX playback fixes -- works on more machines now.
4. Changed: Decreased minimum allowable latency in Options -> Playback -> Advanced -> Performance.
5. Fixed: CD Labeler printer offset was swapping x and y.
6. Fixed: Sound recorder wasn't saving/importing last track recorded when "uncompressed wave" was chosen for output.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.289 RC
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 02:03:17 pm »

This version should solve swilburn's show-stopper. Sorry, swilburn. You were right. We were wrong. Thanks for your patience.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Cotton-Eyed Loo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 02:05:43 pm »

Wow, 2MB smaller distro [it shows up as 7000, prior sizes were 9xxx].

LCtheDJ

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2002, 02:10:57 pm »

Which file did you download? The full file is still over 9 MB, the upgrade file is about 7 MB.

Easyrider

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2002, 02:17:56 pm »

I have reported this before, and someone else confirmed it.  

When  using CD Labeler, when  I select preview and print from preview, the file starts to spool but never prints.
The screen returns to the label wizard.  If you hit print an error appears and I have to close label wizard.

Also, print quality of jpg file still has horizontal lines ¼” apart. It has improved , they are only showing up in certain areas.  I had sent the file to John T. have not heard anything.  (This jpg file prints excellent in other label programs. Enough said! If these are minor problems or are my problems I will not bring them up again. LET ME KNOW.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2002, 02:41:28 pm »

>> Which file did you download? The full file is still over 9 MB, the upgrade file is about 7 MB.

Check For updates is back, but it will only work if MJ 8.0.284 and up is installed.

Nikolay

Dragyn

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2002, 03:08:56 pm »

When updating the Library, any http files that are imported are wiped out. (Remove files that don't exist). Technically they do exist in a sense. I see there is an option for network drives, maybe an option for streamed files.

If it's too much work, then hopefully for the next version.

Dragyn

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2002, 03:42:00 pm »

I've noticed this in recent builds is when I'm listening to a streamed file and the file gets stalled (net congestion), MJ crashes.
Listening to a WMA file.

I turned off error messages in XP. I'll turn them back on and see what it says.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.289
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 94 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

nila

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2002, 03:47:48 pm »

Old bug still present - Importing .mov files is making it open the RealOne update screen which cant find the codec and MJ is then hanging.

Cancel button isn't working to cancel out of it either.
Having to kill it with ctrl|PLS|alt|PLS|del.

Also, I guess this isn't really a bug more just somethin that's a bit annoying.
I burnt a data cd today and after it finished burning it it cleared the list of files when I clicked ok.
This was annoying as hell cause it meant I didn't have a chance to write them down and now have no way of knowing what order they have been burnt onto the CD in (useful for my car cd player).

It'd be nice if it left the files there after the burn was finished.

sekim

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2002, 04:14:12 pm »

>>>> This was annoying as hell cause it meant I didn't have a chance to write them down and now have no way of knowing what order they have been burnt onto the CD in (useful for my car cd player). <<<<

Can't you just re-insert disk and let MJ read it?

Dragyn

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2002, 04:19:57 pm »

Here's what XP says for my problem above:

AppName: media jukebox.exe AppVer: 8.0.289.0 ModName media jukebox.exe
ModVer: 8.0.289.0 Offset: 001c1aac

Weird thing is, MJ crashed, this error box popped up. As I was reading it...I noticed something odd. The music is still playing fine.
Once I closed the error message box, then MJ shutdown.

This isn't a one time thing. It happens all the time.

Cotton-Eyed Loo

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2002, 05:31:42 pm »

LCtheDJ: Yep - my goof.

JimH

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2002, 05:34:37 pm »

Dragyn,
Did you install a full version?
Jim Hillegass

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2002, 05:44:06 pm »

Is there some difference in the way you guys sometimes post these new builds? Because sometimes DM will download the build, and other times it won't. And I know that DM is running all the time. I can't make heads or tails of it.

For instance, DM wouldn't download the .288 build tonight, but it is the .289 build.

Bug? Or am I just crazy?

MattRensing

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2002, 09:00:24 pm »

Nikolay,

3. Fixed: Several DirectX playback fixes -- works on more machines now

If it's not out of line for me to ask, can you be more specific on this?  I've had sporadic and impossible to replicate problems with MJ hanging my system for most every build.  I'm willing to write this up to issues with my sound card & the inability to get good drivers for XP, but I'm curious if this fix could in any way be related to my issue.

Thanks,
Matthew Rensing

Brook

Firewall Problems
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2002, 11:21:22 pm »

When using the latest MJ (289), and trying to download cover artwork, Media Jukebox
freezes up.  The current song plays to the end, but meanwhile, the CPU time goes to
100%, and the "Downloading Images" window can't be cancelled.  Opening task manager,
it says Media Jukebox is not responding.  I have to kill it.

I'm also using "OnTrack Netdefense" as a firewall.  Media Jukebox is allowed to access
through the firewall, and in the past, everything has worked fine.  However, now MJ
freezes if the firewall is active when I try to download artwork.  If I disable the
firewall however, Media Jukebox will not freeze, but will work correctly.

However, disabling the firewall is not an acceptable alternative.  MJ needs to work well with
firewalls.

Any ideas?

Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1584 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 348 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

nila

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2002, 01:34:19 am »

Machine - putting it in explorer wont tell me the order they are burned onto the disk on and thats what I need to find out as my cd player reads them in the order that they were burned onto the disk.

shelly

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2002, 02:23:17 am »

Another image related bug and the steps to reproduce it:

Media File Properties
Remove image (external)
Get image from internet
Don't go online (establish links to files already downloaded)is NOT checked
MJ will not go online to get another image but pulls the one presently in the cover art directory.

Also, still present:
After scanning an image, Mj goes to a white screen and hangs for a period of time (the higher the image resolution the longer it hangs, sometimes as long as 5 minutes.)

Shelly

Peradon

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2002, 03:17:26 am »

Hi,

I haven't get 'too much spent data-error' (as you named it for 285-history) up to now, so I think it has been gone.

But about my second bug (drawing error in toolbar) - it's still there (background is white). When I move the mouse cursor on it, the selected symbol is redrawn correctly (background turns to grey) but the empty region on the right aside the buttons stays white until minimizing mj and maximizing again.

Maybe it's due to my system, but it has worked correctly a few builds ago - I don't know. Again the data given by mj's system info:

Install Path: C:\Programme\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 726 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 278 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Hope you can fix it soon.

Bye,
Peradon

JimH

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2002, 03:34:44 am »

Brook,
Sounds like your firewall isn't working.

Doof,
It's a long story, but for several builds we offered only the full build.  We had problems with people who had never installed a full build trying to use the upgrade only.

Matt,
Concerning freezing problems,please disable Album View and Slide Show if you are using them.  Start a new thread if the problem continues.  Tell us everything you can about your equipment, software running, firewall, etc.

Jim
Jim Hillegass

faithless

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2002, 04:30:27 am »

Hello,

I've had no problems with MJ until this version.

I'm spending this week ripping hundreds of CD's to my PC.  This has been working great until the 8.0.289 version.

I'm now finding the following:

- The CD and Track information is not being updated correctly when I insert a new CD.  It is keeping the details from the last CD I inserted and Ripped.  I haven't had this problem before with other releases.  It's like it is not refreshing the data.

- If I delete an Album and also select the 'Delete files from Hard Drive' option it does delete the files but leaves the empty folder on the disk.  I've deleted a number of files during this week and it didn't do this with the other releases.

I hope you can resolve both of these problems ...

Thanks,

Mark
UK

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2002, 05:05:16 am »

Here's something that annoys me a little bit. It's not a showstopper, but I'm hoping it wouldn't be a big deal to change.

When DM is downloading a file, and it's set to NOT overwrite an existing file automatically, and it's minimized to the system tray and it's not set for always on top (I'm not sure how much of this is relevant), the message box asking if I want to overwrite doesn't appear until I restore DM. It'll just sit there forever, with the globe icon doing its thing. I've downloaded the last two MJ builds, thinking it's downloading only to go to check on it's progress 20 minutes later and find that DM is waiting for confirmation from me. I've since changed DM to automatically overwrite, but I don't like having it set that way.

JimH

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2002, 06:17:42 am »

This is the end of the bug threads.  We are releasing 8.0 today.  A big thanks for all your help.  We couldn't have done it so well without you.

If you have a problem now, please start a thread.  If you think it's our bug, please ask if others can reproduce it.

If you reported something in this thread that you need an answer on, please copy and paste it to a new thread.

In about a month, we will do one more maintenance release to get little problems fixed.  If anything major comes up, we may do one before that.

Thanks again,

Jim Hillegass
CEO, JRiver
Jim Hillegass
Pages: [1]   Go Up