INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre view - confusing roller bars  (Read 1550 times)

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
Theatre view - confusing roller bars
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:45:58 pm »

I have an issue with the theatre view. I have basically structured my theatre view as follows: The root level contains some main rollers (video, music …).  The main roller “video” held some root items (movie, tv show, documentary) and each of them has further library items.
If I select the main roller “video” MC shows the root items on the upper roller and the corresponding library items on the lower roller. This is fine as I could pick a library item with the left or right button or go up and switch to another root item:

http://pix01.com/as%400gc61

If I drill down in a library item (e.g. Choosing 1940-49 in the “year” library item, MC shows the library item “year” in the top roller and the lower roller is empty:

http://pix01.com/Zs%40waEZ

Up to here everything is logical. But now after going back I would expect the content of the two rollers as in the first screenshot. But this is not happening. MC shows the library items in the lower roller but in the upper roller the selected item:

http://pix01.com/bs%40Onpy

Now it is not possible for me to switch to another root item. The only solution is to go back to the root level and reselect the main roller “video”.
This is a little bit confusion.  ? Did I something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance.

[UPDATE]: I tried to put some screen shots in my post but it is not working. I have therefore replace it with links to the pictures.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theatre view - confusing roller bars
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 03:07:39 pm »

Could you test 16.0.126?

I'm wondering if this fix will solve it:
Fixed: Unnesting a Theater View library view could break navigation in certain cases.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 03:19:50 pm »

16.0.126 is the version I use.

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 03:27:27 pm »

MC shows the library items in the lower roller but in the upper roller the selected item...Now it is not possible for me to switch to another root item.

In your screen shot, it appears the second roller is still there. Are you saying it can't be selected by pressing <Down>?

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:40:26 pm »

[/quote]
In your screen shot, it appears the second roller is still there. Are you saying it can't be selected by pressing <Down>?

That is possible. If I go down I could select all items in the second roller. But I could not change from the root item "movie" to "TV show" because these are not shown in the upper roller.

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:58:22 pm »

As Jim mentions, this is probably solved in an upcoming build.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 05:05:52 pm »

But I could not change from the root item "movie" to "TV show" because these are not shown in the upper roller.

What should happen on <Left> (i.e., selecting "Back") is it will go to the last used position on the second roller of the main menu (i.e., your "movie" or "TV show," as the case may be). For some time now, I've noticed this doesn't always happen. It sometimes goes to the root of the main menu, requiring the main menu item to be selected again—as you describe.

Testing it now I see this happens consistently on the first use of Theatre View after the program is started. After the first time, it works properly—that is, it "remembers" the last used item on the second roller and returns there, rather than the root of the main menu.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:17:25 pm »

I'm getting this as well.

If I choose Video > Television > Next 7 Days (a custom item) > TV Series (custom) > drill down into a series, then

Back (Takes me back to TV Series) but then the roller displays only Back or More and back goes "All the way" back to the home screen.

I would have thought the logical method was

Drill down into series (back) TV Series (back) Next 7 Days
Pages: [1]   Go Up