INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: Theater View - Playing Now - Info Panel  (Read 2320 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Question: Theater View - Playing Now - Info Panel
« on: July 09, 2011, 03:05:47 pm »

Is it possible to reduce the distance between the lines?

I use a touchpanel and especially in the classical music I often have to scroll to see all the data. If there would be a possibility to pack more lines onto the screen (reduce or eliminate the additional line break between the tag values) that would be very cool

thank you very much

pcstockton

Re: Question: Theater View - Playing Now - Info Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 08:53:22 pm »

reduce font size?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:04:41 am »

not possible, otherwise it would be unreadable

I'd like to eliminate the unnecessary empty lines in-between, that's all (build a 'compact' view so to speak)

thanks

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:36:18 pm »

Entertainment View > Playing Now > Player > Display > Track Info

Dreamstate
Moire
Moire Viz
Ocean
Simple

Have you selected the Dreamstate mode?
That mode displays the text in a more compact manner than the others.

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

thanks, Supersnake, for your hint, I already knew these display variations but they are too ugly and as far as I know not customizable with custom library fields

The standard info panel display would do just fine, just without the additional line breaks in-between

I put now 3 fields onto one line to reduce space usage (with an expression '#[track #] - [Duration] - [File Type]'), looks good and is easy to read. But the same trick is impossible with lots of performers in an opera e.g.

:)

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:42:03 pm »

[Moderator please Delete - I don't have an option to do so]

globetrotters1

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 07:11:06 pm »

well, I have the data in the library and we talk here of approximately 18'000 classical albums, lol

the modern music is no problem, the classical music is, as there are a lot of data attached to the albums/tracks

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »

well, I have the data in the library and we talk here of approximately 18'000 classical albums, lol

the modern music is no problem, the classical music is, as there are a lot of data attached to the albums/tracks

Hopefully there will be someone who can instruct you how to manually edit the data.

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 09:47:49 am »

rick,ca or Gappie,

could you please be so kind to answer my question?

The addition of time and zone was no big deal, probably it's also possible to eliminate with ease the additional linefeed in the info panel display... if it's not hard coded

rick.ca

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 02:10:59 pm »

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "additional linefeed in the info panel display." If you're referring to the line height, I doubt there's any way to change that. It does, of course, vary with font size.

In any case, you should do better using expressions to combine and manipulate fields. That can include tricks like turning a list into a string. For example, I have a list field [a.Moods], where a "mood" is generally a single word, and it's not uncommon for 20 to be assigned to an album. That's a little tedious to view in Theatre View, so I change it to Replace(Replace([a.Moods], //, / • ), ;, / •)—a string with the words separated by "•".

It should also be possible to combine a group of similar fields (e.g., those fields you don't like seeing the "additional line feed" between) into one memo-like field for more compact viewing. Unfortunately, I don't know how to include a line feed in an expression (i.e., so each field, possibly with a caption, still appears on a separate line within the memo field). Maybe someone can help with that... :-\

globetrotters1

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:52 pm »

hello rick.ca,
thanks for your answer. If you look onto the Info panel, left side with the data, between each line there is an empty space (like a carriage return-line feed, CRLF in computer chinese :) ), I'd like to pack the lines together without vertical spacing, if ever possible
Hope that it is now clear, otherwise I have to do a print screen and publish it here
Thanks

rick.ca

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 02:53:46 am »

If you're referring to the line height, I doubt there's any way to change that.

...which is why I suggest looking at ways to work with the design.

globetrotters1

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 11:38:08 am »

I like the design now very much, it is well designed for use on touchscreens

Some little things could be enhanced, so to speak, that's why I post it here :)

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up