INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists with Integra 50.2  (Read 1915 times)

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
Playlists with Integra 50.2
« on: July 09, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »

I have recently installed MC 16.0.121 to act as a DLNA server for my Integra 50.2, specifically to properly serve FLAC 24/96 audio files, which Windows Media Player won't do. It works flawlessly, except for one thing- my playlists do not appear on the Integra. From what I can see, the receiver presents the options that are under the Audio portion of the tree, which does not include Playlists. Specifically, the options the server presents on the receiver are Artists, Albums, Recent Albums, Genres, Ratings, All Files, and Search- no Playlists. This is a serious problem. on the WMP server Music Playlists both appeared as an option and played without an issue (other than not supporting FLAC). There are other useful options on the WMP server such as Composer, Contributing Artist, Album Artist, and Folders.

I have tried moving Playlists to the Audio section of the tree, without success. I have tried moving individual playlists to the Audio section, again without success. I have delved into the DLNA server portion of Options, but the Customize View option doesn't allow me to put Playlists in the Audio section either. It's entirely possible I'm missing something terribly obvious, but right now I am unable to play playlists created in MC on my receiver. Help would be appreciated.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Playlists with Integra 50.2
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 05:16:17 pm »

You don't need to move Playlists into the Audio tree in MC.

Under the DLNA server options, the list of views that get presented to the client is specified, as you've discovered, by Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers... > Customize views...

You should see Playlists as the last item (by default).  I don't know why they don't show up if this is configured.  Perhaps its an issue w/this particular device?

You can add any additional items that you wish to see on the DLNA client (eg. db fields, such as Composer) into the Audio portion of the DLNA Customize views configuration area mentioned above.

A side curiosity, I didn't think the 50.2 could handle remotely stream FLACs.  Sounds like it does though...?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:45:48 pm »

Wahoo! ;D With much difficulty, I finally solved my own problem. The key was to add a new Library Item under Audio in Customize Views, call it Playlists, then click the Commands button under Show Categories In This Order, click Add, click the Playlist Group radio button, and select a (single!) Playlist Group to appear on the DLNA menu. Why they have to be in a Playlist Group rather than in the Playlists tree item I don't know, but oh well. Drag or copy playlists you want to appear on the DLNA menu into the selected Playlist Group on the tree and play 'em on the receiver.

This seems like an extraordinarily nonintuitive and picky way to solve this issue. Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but the solution was not obvious to me and I post in the spirit of sharing the discovery.

The 50.2 does handle streamed 24/96 FLACs beautifully. Based on reading the manual I also thought it wouldn't, but I guess one of the updates fixed the issue. Or maybe the manual was wrong from the start. Happy camper, anyway, since HDTracks is now selling 24/96 FLACs that are worth listening to (see my tagline).

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:14:41 pm »

Nice.

Perhaps the playlists rooted item was causing the issue, since the default playlists (at the root of the DLNA tree) covers audio, video, and image types.  Creating an Audio-only item was probably just the ticket.

Perhaps you can create a Playlist Group, called, say Audio or Music, and place your audio playlists in that group.  Then you only need to include one group and won't have any items outside a Playlist Group.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up