INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sequential play on playlists; "All Files" in startup content  (Read 633 times)

NBachers

Two real simple questions.  I've been over & over all the documentation, but there's nothing that tells me how to do this stuff.  It keeps saying "You can do this and you can do that!" but it never says "Here's how you do it."
   1.  I want to have the next song in the playlist played when the song now playing is over.  I've tried "Continuous Play" and all it does is play the same song over and over.  Right now, all I can do is get up, walk over to the computer, highlight the next song, and start it manually. "Previous" and "Next" don't do anything.  Media Jukebox should automatically move down the playlist in order without any special programming.  Why bother to put a playlist together when all you're going to hear is the same song over and over again?
    2.  I want the content view expanded to include "All Files" on startup.  I've got it to show Media Library, but I really need to have the "All Files" load on startup.  Again, there's lots of hype pages that say "You can customize!" and "You can make it the way You Want!" but there's nothing that says "Here's how to start up with All Files in the Content View."
    This information should be easily retreivable from the help files or user guide.  I've been over & over that stuff many times, and still can't make it happen.  It should be simple.

Cotton-Eyed|PLS|Loo

RE:Sequential play on playlists;
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2002, 06:51:30 pm »

Hi there,

Are you using MJ 8.x? I'll assume you are as I have it in front of me ...

If you already let MJ search your harddrives to find audio/video for you ["Tools->Import Media"], or pointed it at your audio/video directories ["Tools->Import Media"], or ripped some audio ["Tools->Copy (Rip) CD]  then try this:

1. expand / open the "media library" item on the left side of MJ
2. expand / open a category therein (perhaps "Album" or "Artist / Album")
3. left click on the category name (on word Album or ...)
4. highlight a few tracks [don't have a few here, try different categories]
5. right click on the highlighted list of tracks
6. select "add to playing now" or "play"

This should work.

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
RE:Sequential play on playlists;
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2002, 07:49:16 pm »

MJ has a "special" playlist called "Playing Now" - its at the top of the left tree and can also be accessed from the toolbar.
Essentially you add tracks to it and they play in sequence.
Select some tracks, right click, add to "Playing Now".  Just build a big "Playing Now" list that MJ will sequentially play.
Select a Playlist, right click, add to "Playing Now".
Select an album, right click, add to "Playing Now".
Select a whole genre like "Jazz", right click, add to "Playing Now"

Sounds like you are in Ver7 cos there is no "All Files" in Ver8.
Ver8 is due for release very soon and is now quite stable.  You should download it.

However, I seem to remember, (it was a long while ago) that the startup position in Ver7 could be set to whereever you liked.  But, it was a "Plus" feature.  Meaning you had to buy the product rather than just using the freebie bits.
I think you'll find it under "settings" somewhere with the text beside it "Plus Feature Only" Yeah? Yeah!

Ver8 is very much enhanced over Ver7 and as I say the Betas are quite solid nowadays.
Again though, there are certain conveniences, like startup positions, that are not free.
That you must buy the product to use.
All the hype pages assume that you purchased the product.
That is what you should do.  Greater value for $25 is highly unusual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up