INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Auto Refresh Rate Change  (Read 1702 times)

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Problems with Auto Refresh Rate Change
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:03:36 pm »

I love this new feature, but have run into a couple of hickups.

Whenever I am running RO Standard, switching refresh rate (in most cases to 24 Hz and back) just works as it should. My HTPC is powerful enough to run RO HQ, so that is what I want to use. But, the system has problems changing correctly when running RO HQ. The problem shows it self as heavy stutter, that continues until I stop the movie. Usually after this my desktop setting seems like it is still in 24Hz where it should have returned to 60Hz.

I did learn a couple of things testing this out. When running RO HQ and with the heave stutter, if I then access the MadVR configuration the stutter stops and the movie keeps running smooth, also even after I exit MadVR configuration.

A little more trial and error helped me fix the problem, I think. I went back into MadVR configuration and enabled full screen exclusive mode (which is disabled as default when you install MC) and that seems to have fixed it for me in RO HQ.

Is this a know problem? Will Auto Refresh Rate Change only work in RO HQ with fullscreen exclusive mode enabled?

TLS

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Problems with Auto Refresh Rate Change
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:11:24 pm »

....A little more trial and error helped me fix the problem, I think. I went back into MadVR configuration and enabled full screen exclusive mode (which is disabled as default when you install MC) and that seems to have fixed it for me in RO HQ.

Is this a know problem? Will Auto Refresh Rate Change only work in RO HQ with fullscreen exclusive mode enabled?

TLS

I've also seen this behavior.  FYI the the change to config madVR as windowed mode is only recent one (due to a specific issue), and I certainly find Exclusive Mode much more robust in general.
JRiver CEO Elect

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:15:38 pm »

Thanks jmone!

Glad somebody else also have noticed this. I am not completely sure what the difference is between Windowed and Exclusive mode, but acts an looks very nice in both, so I have no problem leaving it in Exclsive mode.

TLS

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 04:21:43 pm »

...from madshi himself

Quote from madshi himselc on the relative merits of Exclusive Mode

merits: better performance, no tearing
drawbacks: lack of media player GUI support

JRiver CEO Elect

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »

Well, I can live with that!  ;D

Who doesn't want better performance!

Thanks a lot jmone.

TLS

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 05:14:11 pm »

Yeah, I often see similar issues, in exclusive mode, reclock works fine. In non-exclusive, it stutters quite a lot. (its not really an "issue" per se, as in the version i have installed it runs in exclusive mode if the seek bar is not displayed)
Pages: [1]   Go Up