INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-tag on Auto-import?  (Read 2112 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Auto-tag on Auto-import?
« on: July 14, 2011, 06:12:49 pm »

I have TV-series stored in a folder on my disk, which is auto-imported. However the TV-series mostly have no genre-information in the tag-fino (the sidecar-file). Is it possible to use expressions during import to automatically tag them? For instance i have all my documentaries in a specific folder, would it be possible to do something like "If Filename contains "Documentaries", set genre tag to "Documentary"?

rick.ca

Re: Auto-tag on Auto-import?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:56:04 pm »

No and yes. "Auto-tagging" on import is something some of us wish for, but I don't thing we'll see it anytime soon. You can, however, add expression fields that extract data from the file path. So, for example, if all your videos are saved in "genre folders," you could add an expression field that extracts that folder name (using the ListItem() function). You can also use the same sort of expression directly in a view configuration—as a category and/or for a Info Panel item.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:26:33 am »

I've always supported the tag on Auto Import option. I don't think we'll ever stop getting this requests before it's implemented. And it's not just some people that is asking for this feature, it's many :) There have been improvements though. Series is mostly tagged on it's own now, as TV Show in Media Sybtype field. This does not however suffice for some of us. There will always be special needs here. So, in the long run I don't see any other way than letting users choose library fields and what value should be entered for each field.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:20:00 am »

No and yes. "Auto-tagging" on import is something some of us wish for, but I don't thing we'll see it anytime soon. You can, however, add expression fields that extract data from the file path. So, for example, if all your videos are saved in "genre folders," you could add an expression field that extracts that folder name (using the ListItem() function). You can also use the same sort of expression directly in a view configuration—as a category and/or for a Info Panel item.

Thanks for the info. So basically I would have to create a new field (lets call it Genre2), and fill that with an expression? Since the name of the folder is not the same as the Genre I would like to add, i tried something like this: If([Filename]="#Dokumentar", Documentary), but it doesn't seem to work (What i am trying to achieve is "if filename contains "#Dokumentar", set genre to documentary, else do nothing.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:08 am »

elvis check out confishy's autotagger plugin..  :)
MT5FR

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 03:26:21 pm »

Thanks for the info. So basically I would have to create a new field...

As I said, you could create a custom expression field, or just use the expression where it's needed. Sometimes the former is more convenient, sometimes it's the only thing that works. Since I don't know your circumstances or exactly what you want, I encourage you to refer to the expression language wiki for answers. Use ListItem() to extract the name of the one folder that represents genre. If necessary, then use If() to modify those values (e.g., changing "#Dokumentar" to "Documentary").

elvis check out confishy's autotagger plugin..  :)

I use this, but I don't think it should be recommended without pointing out it was never finished, has significant bugs and will not run automatically.

you could also give PvdImport a try...

I do, of course, recommend this. But only for those really interested in "no limits" meta tagging. It's overkill if all you want to do is extract and use information that already exists in [Filename (path)].

flac.rules

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 09:11:10 am »

Is PVD-import supposed to work with win7? It says that access is denied to the pvdimportconfiguration.xml-file when i try it.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:04 am »

I use this, but I don't think it should be recommended without pointing out it was never finished, has significant bugs and will not run automatically.

i'm not sure what you mean rick, you are not satisfied with autotagger ? if you are not, why not try out prod's sqlmytunes, there are no limits there, but you have to dig a little bit deeper  :)
MT5FR

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 10:04:55 am »

Is PVD-import supposed to work with win7? It says that access is denied to the pvdimportconfiguration.xml-file when i try it.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56563.msg437851#msg437851
Pages: [1]   Go Up