INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitle engine [Problems go here]  (Read 12127 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Subtitle engine [Problems go here]
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »

In a coming build:
NEW: Added Options > Video > Subtitle size (changes size of text-based and image-based subtitles).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

intrance

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:58 am »

Awesome, thanks!

gappie

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:04 pm »

this will not be a helpfull post, but still. ive been using mc 15/cccp  primarily the last months for video, because i always had problems with subtitles in 16, mostly they just stopped showing at each chapter change. tonight i gave 16 an other try using 145. i can choose the subtitles in my mkv files in the bar just fine, there is just no subtitle showing. the files are made with makemkv, and work fine in mpc.

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
        CLSID: {F74E834C-9C98-43ED-89B1-19A9DF82E774}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}

Filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Host: %systemroot%\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
        Host: C:\Documents and Settings\gab\Application Data\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'In Text'

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Documents and Settings\gab\Application Data\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Documents and Settings\gab\Application Data\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »

this will not be a helpfull post, but still. ive been using mc 15/cccp  primarily the last months for video, because i always had problems with subtitles in 16, mostly they just stopped showing at each chapter change. tonight i gave 16 an other try using 145. i can choose the subtitles in my mkv files in the bar just fine, there is just no subtitle showing. the files are made with makemkv, and work fine in mpc.

It looks like the subtitle engine is connected and receiving VOB subs.

I'm wondering if the VMR overlay system isn't working with some hardware?  Could you test Red October HQ, so it uses madVR?

Thanks.

gappie

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2011, 04:30:03 pm »

It looks like the subtitle engine is connected and receiving VOB subs.

I'm wondering if the VMR overlay system isn't working with some hardware?  Could you test Red October HQ, so it uses madVR?

Thanks.
indeed. HQ shows the subtitles. my machine is not really fast enough for it, so its a bit stuttering.. so, need any info on my hardware?
im on xp btw..

:)
gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2011, 04:41:52 pm »

indeed. HQ shows the subtitles. my machine is not really fast enough for it, so its a bit stuttering.. so, need any info on my hardware?
im on xp btw..

:)
gab

16.0.147 will have this:
Changed: Added logging to the VMR 9 subtitle overlay drawer to help troubleshoot subtitle problems.

Please send me a log once you get a chance to try it.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2011, 02:25:29 am »

any thoughts on the "always on" setting for subtitles ? (I'm pretty sure it would interest many foreigners like myself that watch a lot of english spoken tv shows ...)
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2011, 11:02:33 am »

any thoughts on the "always on" setting for subtitles ? (I'm pretty sure it would interest many foreigners like myself that watch a lot of english spoken tv shows ...)

For embedded subtitles, there are some options for this in Options > Video.  Currently external subtitles always default to off.  Part of the reason is that we don't reliably know the language of an external subtitle, although we might be able to figure this out be keeping a table of the common language codes used in the filename.

Could you describe what you think would be the ideal solution?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2011, 11:18:28 am »

Thanks for the log gappie.

The log shows the subtitle engine in the graph and the subtitle stream selected.  I added logging to any failures to draw subtitles, and there aren't any failures in the log.  So it makes me wonder if it says it's working but just not drawing?

I tested an XP machine here and the subtitle engine worked with VMR 9.

It might be worth double-checking that you have the latest video drivers installed.  Anybody else testing on XP?

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2011, 12:28:01 pm »

For embedded subtitles, there are some options for this in Options > Video.  Currently external subtitles always default to off.  Part of the reason is that we don't reliably know the language of an external subtitle, although we might be able to figure this out be keeping a table of the common language codes used in the filename.

Could you describe what you think would be the ideal solution?

Thanks.

well, for external subtitles I'd default to on and maybe add an option to only show subtitles if they contain the right language code (fr,en,de, etc...).
For embedded subtitles I'd also like an option where I can choose to rely on the "default" flag whether than relying on a language setting

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2011, 04:00:20 pm »

well, for external subtitles I'd default to on and maybe add an option to only show subtitles if they contain the right language code (fr,en,de, etc...).
For embedded subtitles I'd also like an option where I can choose to rely on the "default" flag whether than relying on a language setting

In a coming build:
Changed: The language of SRT is decoded from the filename when possible so that the user's subtitle settings can be applied for SRT subtitles the same as for internal subtitles.

Let us know how it works once the build is available, and if there's anything more we should add.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2011, 12:01:31 am »

Thanks Matt, I will report when the build is availble.

sunfire7

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2011, 11:16:42 am »

Fully Agree with this, 95% of what I watch is english spoken so when SRT subtitle exists with the same name as the video I would like to be ON by default.  An Always On setting will be great as vairulez suggested

On the flip side, I want to up the font size a couple of points and make it bold :)
Probably depends on the display in use TBQH, and an option is the only way to keep people happy.

I've also noted that I want to use a different font to the UI, but that's a much more minor issue.

-Leezer-

Again Fully Agree, Customization for Font is a must to make everyone happy  :)

Also a Position option would be great, to place the subs always in the same place and size independent of the video aspect radio

Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

gappie

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2011, 11:37:20 am »

The log shows the subtitle engine in the graph and the subtitle stream selected.  I added logging to any failures to draw subtitles, and there aren't any failures in the log.  So it makes me wonder if it says it's working but just not drawing?

It might be worth double-checking that you have the latest video drivers installed.  Anybody else testing on XP?
i just did matt.. werent the latest drivers.. but not old.. but nonetheless installing the newest today did not help. is there something else i can test. like what mpc uses.. or set in mc.

edit... ofcourse i could check some things there.. apparently mpc used overlay mixer.. what ever that means. but i could set it to both vmr 9 windowed and renderless... in both cases i got subtitles but differently then with 'overlay' i could not turn the subtitles of inside mpc.. had to open directvobsub for that. but they show  :)

gappie

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2011, 02:42:56 pm »

The log shows the subtitle engine in the graph and the subtitle stream selected.  I added logging to any failures to draw subtitles, and there aren't any failures in the log.  So it makes me wonder if it says it's working but just not drawing?

It might be worth double-checking that you have the latest video drivers installed.  Anybody else testing on XP?
it even gets more interesting. choosing red october with additional filters and putting it on automatinc, chooses Video mixing renderer 9 and shows subtitles.
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
        CLSID: {F74E834C-9C98-43ED-89B1-19A9DF82E774}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}

Filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Host: %systemroot%\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
        Host: C:\Documents and Settings\gab\Application Data\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'In Text'

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Documents and Settings\gab\Application Data\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Documents and Settings\gab\Application Data\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Subtitle Renderer'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}

ps.. and i can set it to enhanced which is nicer on my system.. more rest in the screen, no flickering from the OSD. and the subtitles in the middle ('additional' vmr puts them off center).. so i am happy.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2011, 04:57:36 pm »

Good detective work Gappie.  I'm not sure why VMR getting automatically chosen would give different results than VMR being manually chosen, but we'll dig in the code a bit and see if we can figure out.

Regardless, if EVR works it's better anyway.  We've talked about making EVR the default on XP if it's installed, but I'm a little nervous about that because in the early days of EVR on XP I had a lot of troubles with it.

skanderbe

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2011, 08:36:12 am »

hello all

in the same range of idea of user vairulez, could we just simply put an option that allow / not allow to automatically start external subtitles (srt, sub...) with no regard to the language used?

it could be simple and interesting for many foregn users

thanks again 

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:18 pm »

I would like to have a little more shadow or something which would make subs stand out bit more. No I feel that subtitles sometimes vanishes into picture which makes it hard to read them.
Also it would be nice to be able to use different font than in the standard views.

If it is not possible to add modifyable to MC's own engine is there any way to continue using ffdshow raw subtitles with RO with additionals?

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2011, 08:02:37 am »

I just updated to .149 and my srt files are not used althought I changed the name to include "en" in it.
here are my settings in MC :
options/video/subtiltles&language :
subtitle mode : show subtitle in selected language if available
default subtitle language : English
default audio language : tried English and No default language

Name of the file played :
306.avi
Name of srt tried :
306en.srt, 306En.srt

edit : it works, to make it work the srt must be 306.en.srt

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2011, 09:35:10 am »

Matt, would it be possible to make subtitles move vertically? The idea is to move them down below bottom black bar in case they overlap picture area (functionality seen in TotalMedia Theatre 5 = really cool)

zendoo

• Recent member
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2011, 07:34:28 pm »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give the option to keep on using ffdshows subs or vobsub - all the settings there are great (different font, different color, move subtitles around, delay...) or give the same options...
i have tried setting to RO with additional filters - chose ffdshow raw in video filters, switched the subtitles on in ffdshows settings and still get jrivers subtitles... i am a customization geek, as many jr mediacenter users, i guess, and i would like my custom subs back :)

thanks for listening,
staying tuned...

edit:
sorry, now ffdshow turned on (after the 2nd restart of mediacenter)...
but weirdly the ffdshow raw filter makes my colors go off and on and black squares appear and disappear :( ...

the greatest thing would be to customize subs in MC: font, color, shadow, POSITION (always on the bottom of the screen, outside of the video, in the black bars !!!)

sorry to add this here: but my screen dims (windows energy saving options) - that's annoying and not happening in MPC for example - am i doing something wrong or is this still to be fixed in MC?

thanks, greetz!

javidan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2011, 09:25:51 am »

Hello,

Was hoping that some of the more experienced guys here could help me out with some missing subtitles when I use Red October.
I uploaded them to the link below

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/82325

You will notice that the subtitles above are missing.
Obviously another difference which can be seen is the font/colour etc but I understand that JRiver's subtitle renderer hasn't gotten these enhanced features built into it yet and I can live without it. Missing subtitles though...isn't exactly something to compromise so I find that I'm switching back to MPC to get all my subtitles appearing again.

Can someone show me how to configure Red October with additional filters to have them show properly or do I have to stick with MPC whenever I find subtitles which are missing?

This only happens for the more complex subtitles obviously (two being shown on the screen at once).

Thanks!

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2011, 08:00:35 pm »

not reporting a problem, more a request...

i have had a few occasions where the subtitles are annoyingly offset from the video.  In the right click context menu, would it be possible to add a time delay/offset option?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2011, 06:25:15 pm »

Hello,

Was hoping that some of the more experienced guys here could help me out with some missing subtitles when I use Red October.
I uploaded them to the link below

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/82325

You will notice that the subtitles above are missing.
Obviously another difference which can be seen is the font/colour etc but I understand that JRiver's subtitle renderer hasn't gotten these enhanced features built into it yet and I can live without it. Missing subtitles though...isn't exactly something to compromise so I find that I'm switching back to MPC to get all my subtitles appearing again.

Could you provide a sample file?  You could email me a file if it's less than 30 MB at matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up