INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not show-stoppers, but annoying just the same...  (Read 629 times)

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Not show-stoppers, but annoying just the same...
« on: May 28, 2002, 04:50:06 pm »

Here are some irritating quirks that MJ has had for what seems like forever.  Will any of them be changed?

(1)  I delete plugins that I don't use.  Some of the encoders cause messages that state they aren't installed.  Would I like to download and install them?  No, I'm trying to delete them.  If they aren't installed, why do they show up in the Plugin Manager?

(2)  Can we NOT have the rc_x10mp3.dll plugin installed by default?  I don't have one and don't need the plugin.  I wonder how many MJ users do have one.

(3)  The longer text labels on the Toolbar buttons keep truncating with "..." on the end.  Why won't they keep the long display?  There is plenty of room for them.

(4)  In stopped condition, I click the player's "Next" or "Previous" button and the "Next" or "Previous" track starts to play; I did NOT click on the "Play" button!  I don't want it to play until I command it to!

(5)  I don't have a TV tuner in my computer, and I often play tunes without a network connection - why can't I delete those items from the tree?

(6)  Pick a track on "Playing Now" and "Send to Playing Now - Add (as next to play)" - it doesn't get sent, a clone gets sent, and now I have two entries of the track on my playlist.  I'd prefer to 'move' the track, not 'copy' it.

These are some of the little quirks that keep MJ from reaching my view of perfection; a shame since it's sooo close.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Not show-stoppers, but annoying just the same...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 07:55:07 am »

Hey LCtheDJ,

You've been a huge help, so I don't want to rain on your suggestions too much, but we seriously have to let 8.0 roll.

We'll revistit all of these for whatever comes after 8.0.  Hey, you'll want a reason to upgrade won't you Next Page

Thanks for all of your help.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Not show-stoppers, but annoying just the same...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 11:16:54 am »

>> you'll want a reason to upgrade won't you
Always A Salesman
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up