INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MiniSkin Question  (Read 762 times)

Frank

MiniSkin Question
« on: May 28, 2002, 03:52:02 pm »

Would there be a way to rig the miniskins to display a window for the media library?

Also is there any way someone could explain to me the the "state" file in each miniskin directory.

Also, is there anyone out there that is really good at porting skins?  I'm trying to port the assmosis skin from winamp 3 and am having a hard time.  Actually I just started about an hour ago, so I shouldn't really say that yet.  I think i have it done, but it says I have an invalid bitmap file, I don't know why.

If you want, you can check out the skin i'm trying to port. http://winamp.deskmod.com/core.mod?show=showskin&skin_id=2259, I'm actually just trying to port the mini version of it.  Maybe you could help me out.

Frank

RE:MiniSkin Question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2002, 04:00:47 pm »

Actually I figured out why i was getting the invalid bitmap error, It had to be a 16 color bitmap.  Is this true, can I really only have 16 colors?  Also, could someone tell me how to make part of a picture translucent.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2002, 04:04:51 pm »

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your work on this.  Did you try the skin author, Steve?  It would also be nice to ask if it's OK with him.  People can be very possessive about their work.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Frank

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2002, 04:33:11 pm »

I was planning on only using this for myself.  I didn't even think of asking him.  If it turns out alright, I guess I should ask Steve and share.

Frank

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 04:39:26 pm »

Also, is there a way to make the miniskin come back to the place you put it last after you close media jukebox and come back to the miniskin, instead of it always coming back to the middle of the screen.

Frank

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2002, 04:49:15 pm »

One more question, what are all the codes for the FX's (like Blend and stuff)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up