INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Books...  (Read 810 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Books...
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:41:01 pm »

I was thinking there are very few topics in this forum about books.  Is that because we're all media geeks, who no longer read and only listen to audio books?  Is it because, like Glynor feels, physical media is *sooooo* outdated (and he won't touch it)?  Or maybe its too much TV.  Or maybe because Books is not part of the title of this forum.

Anyway...

I just finished Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian", a masterpiece of story telling and language (not for the squeamish).  I'd like to be in McCarthy's brain for a day.

Now I'm onto Jon Meacham's "American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House".  I've previously read and loved his "Franklin and Winston: An Intimate Portrait of an Epic Friendship".
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Books...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:46:01 pm »

I think Ever Since Radio, And TV There Has Been A Big Decline In "Books"

I do think that Books have come back a bit because it is convenient To Read Your Books On Your Kindle Like Devices.

Audio Books I would think will always be more popular now, because you can drive and listen to your books or multi task.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

rjm

Re: Books...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:55:41 pm »

It appears file sharing may be worse for authors than musicians. It's very easy to find tagged and organized collections of 10,000+ epub/mobi ebooks for download as one torrent.

Check out Calibre for organizing ebooks. I had once dreamed that JRiver would be the ebook leader but it seems we are too late.

Storms of My Grandchildren by James Hansen. Best book on climate change in my opinion. Must read if you think it's all a hoax or not a problem. I've read it 3 times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up