INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i7 2600K HTPC Build - Stuttering Issue [Solved by updating driver]  (Read 2312 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

I've just done a quick and dirty HTPC build and I need to resease a Stuttering Issue over the next couple of days and I'll then be able to play more towards the end of the week (will not get time before then)

Build: Win7 64-Bit Ultimate, Shuttle SH67H7 (Intel H67 Express based), i7 2600K, 8BG RAM, SSD  (yes I know the H67 chipset does not give me access to the OC potential of the 2600K but this is a pure HTPC build and the stock 2600K should eat it all up without generating a ton of heat for the little shuttle).  GPU is the GTS450 but I can also try the inbuilt IGP3000 or a HD5670

Issue:  Video Playback looks great, then all of a sudden the HTPC starts stuttering badly (it is NOT filter related).  I'm guessing it is either Video or Audio drivers (so I can try different versions), OR.... it could be some of the turbo boost??? stuff on the i7 dropping the cpu freq back???  I've never seen this issue on the last HTPC build (Q6600) or on my desktop i7 920.

Suggestions to look at?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

kensn

• MC Beta Team
Re: i7 2600K HTPC Build - Stuttering Issue (not a Filter Issues)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

Where are the files you are trying to play? Local.. network..

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:31:05 pm »

Ahhh, you have just given me an idea   ::) ....I had to do a clean install and I wonder of I have "..play local file checked".  The HTPC is a Library Server Client pulling media from my main PC over a gigabit NW using UNC shares.
JRiver CEO Elect

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 06:50:58 pm »

Funny how we sometimes forget the basics when we troubleshoot. Sometimes the right post will jog the mind in the right way. I was also going to see if you were using the onboard NIC, could also be a issue...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 01:25:35 am »

Just got time to test and fix, It was not my setup of MC but one of the Drivers (I updated the BIOS, and all the drivres inlcl chipset, LAN etc).  Works fine now!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up