INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuttering on 1080p after adding LAV CUVID with Red October  (Read 2906 times)

forin

Hello everyone, first time poster here.  Great product, I have been using JRiver since March and love it for 2 channel playback plus my anime indulgence.  I do have a problem and a few general questions I was hoping to have answered. 

I use J.river through a laptop with an i3 cpu with an Nvidia 360M gpu.  I have my connection as such, Laptop->HDMI->Integra DHC 80.2 preamp->Pioneer 5010 tv.

Questions
1. Red October HQ worked perfectly on 1080p mkv with an absolute smooth framerate and no stuttering.  Since adding LAV CUVID I have an unwatchable picture due to stuttering.  I then stopped using additional filters and went back to just ROHQ but the stuttering remains.  I have restarted my laptop numerous times but now with just ROHQ with no filters on 1080p mkv files are unwatchable.  The 720p mkv files along with Interlaced mkv work just fine.  Have other people had problems with going between RO and RO with filters? 

2.  If using JRSS and then sending everything pcm to my preamp do I need to recalibrate any of my trim or delay levels?   

3.  I like the effect of JRSS for mkv rips.  But for 2 channel stereo I still prefer just stereo wth no surround or center channel.  How would I configure MC to send an ouched 2 channle to my preamp but leave JRSS on for mkv rips?  (Hope that makes sense)

Thanks for the help!

Forin

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stuttering on 1080p after adding LAV CUVID with Red October
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:20:05 am »

Welcome aboard  :)

Regarding your first question, check out this thread

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65169.0

It may help you.

forin

Re: Stuttering on 1080p after adding LAV CUVID with Red October
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:36 am »

Thanks for the suggestion Imugli.  I found the problem.  Since running Lav Cuvid I had to enable FFDshow's subtitles.  I had the deband setting on for somereason (usually have it off my Pioneer Plasma needs no debanding!) Once I turned it off I am able to run 1080p mkvs with no problem with Additional Filters HQ and Lav CUVID.  Thanks for the help!  As soon as Ivy Bridge comes out I am building a full on HTPC with J.river at the helm!

Forin
Pages: [1]   Go Up