INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online Media Slideshow Faulty  (Read 992 times)

geraldsmallbear

• Recent member
Online Media Slideshow Faulty
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:38:58 am »

I'd like to know how to get the Online Media Slideshow working for all my tracks. I have all the boxes ticked, and I've also tried it with just a few boxes ticked and it still doesn't work most of the time.

It seems to only look for images based on the artist field, so here's a simple example:

I'm playing Australian Chamber Orchestra - The Lark Ascending, and I get nothing, just a default background; a pair of headphones or valves. If I use the internal browser and do a quick search I instantly get 124,000 image results from Google alone. On the first couple of pages almost all of them are relevant.

So what's going on here?

Other artists like Louis Scalvis and Bebel Gilberto bring up about a dozen, mostly publicity, shots, and always the same ones, which is fine. Von Karajan is another one that brings up nothing, and internet radio brings nothing as well. If I were to go through each one I'd be saying about two thirds of the music I listen doesn't produce any image results, which seems very odd.

Edit: It seems to only load images from LastFM and only a dozen or so at random.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Online Media Slideshow Faulty
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:44:48 am »

What's the exact string in the 'Artist' field in Media Center for one of your samples?

We always use the artist field, even for classical.  Perhaps we should use composer for classical?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up