INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: probs with plugins / cddb / installer  (Read 746 times)

Lord_Flasheart

probs with plugins / cddb / installer
« on: May 28, 2002, 10:50:31 am »

I have managed to sort out the Rio 600 - I reapplied the plugin and it seems to work now!? Ace!

I have tried repeating the error I had with downloading plugins. I downloaded all of the encoders and inputs and the Rio 600 plugin for version 8, and then tried to see if I could configure the MP3 Encoder, and the program just closed without warning. This is a silly minor bug though Next Page Restarting the app fixes it!

I have not managed to get the CDDB service running through the school proxy server. I have entered all my details, but the server sends an HTTP Processing Error each time, no matter what I try. Given that my school's firewall isn't preventing me downloading plugins, why should it be stopping CDDB?

Another little niggle I noticed... the installer seems to have problems! With Windows NT 5 / 5.1, the installer only works for a single user account, and while the shell integration and program continue to run in other accounts, none of the program features actually work?! Also, since I installed the 8.0.284RC, bizarrely!, the Windows Volume Control no longer functions, and when I try to access it from the Control Panel, it tells me that I must use add/remove programs to fix the problem (which I have tried). Don't know whether this is an installer prob, but it happened to coincide with me installing MJ8?

'Windows cannot display the volume control in the task bar, because the volume control has not been installed, to install it use Add/Remove programs in the control panel...' (Thanks Bill)

Version 8 looks set to be a truly fab update though! I can't wait til you chaps finish it! I really love the new interface and the skins and its overall stability. May I dare to suggest that you add some more crazy visualisations, and perhaps think about allowing easier access to the DSP?

Much Love,

Lord Flasheart

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.284
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Unknown 1133 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 279 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Gerald

RE:probs with plugins / cddb / installer
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 02:24:27 am »

I too have had this problem with the installer fiel... Is there a way to make it werk on multiple user accounts?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:probs with plugins / cddb / installer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 03:35:37 am »

Install MJ for each account.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up