INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library features  (Read 1701 times)

JASmith2011

Library features
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:48:20 pm »

I am a new user of MC and have been unable to find if it is possible to drop the "the" from an artist name. I have been using Windows Media Player and "The Beatles" were display under "B" alphabetically, not "T".  I know I could go through all the artists and change them to "Artist, The" but is there a way to do this automatically?

Also is there a way to display the album release date in the header of the panes view that is different from the song date.  As an example, I have a Various Artist album that was released in 1988, but the songs were released at various dates in the 1960s. I can change the date of individual tracks in the Tag Action Window, but the date displayed in the header after the album/artist fields seems to change to the average date of the individual tracks. Can this be made to stay at 1988?

Also, I have several albums that are multiple titles on one CD.  As an example, The ZZ Top Six Pack.  Is there a way to display the Fandango album art for the individual songs from that album while at the same time having the art from The ZZ Top Six Pack displayed at the left in the pane?  I would like to have the album that the song originally came from displayed when the track is playing.

Thanks for any help with these questions.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library features
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 07:35:20 pm »

I know for the first question there is an option to ignore "Articles" (The, An etc.)

Unfortunately can't help you with the others, though.

Welcome aboard, by the way.  :)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 07:43:22 pm »

Welcome.

For the second question, you'll want to use different library fields for track dates vs. album dates.  Then, you'll customize your view scheme to display the album date.  Have a look at the (dated, but useful) manual in the Wiki.  Look at View Schemes.

Since you're new, and there is likely to be lots of back and forth re: your questions, it might be best to work one at a time.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 09:32:24 am »

I know for the first question there is an option to ignore "Articles" (The, An etc.)

The setting is located under options - tree & view - sorting - ignore articles.

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:57:22 am »

Also, I have several albums that are multiple titles on one CD.  As an example, The ZZ Top Six Pack.  Is there a way to display the Fandango album art for the individual songs from that album while at the same time having the art from The ZZ Top Six Pack displayed at the left in the pane?  I would like to have the album that the song originally came from displayed when the track is playing.

No, I do not think so. You can have a separate cover art for each track in the album that gets displayed when that track is playing. In list views you can add a thumbnail column that will display a small thumbnail for each track. But I do not think it is currently possible to have a specific cover art shown for the entire album. The cover art of one of the tracks will be chosen. I think it is the cover art for the first track. Maybe you can just leave the cover art for the first track and see if that does the trick.

This functionality might however come soon. The developers are almost there. You can assign one picture for each artist. And you can create new fields that are relational to albums, but you cannot currently create image fields to assign an image to an album.

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 02:59:24 am »

OK, I thought some more about this cover art thing which has bothered me as well.

I took a very short silent track put it in the album folder on the hard drive and tagged it with all necessary tags to have it show up under that album. I set the track number to 0 and import the cover art I would like to see when looking at the album as a whole. And voila, it worked.

Sorry OP and J River for saying this cannot be done with MC. I should have known better. Such statements are almost always incorrect.

JASmith2011

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 12:25:03 pm »

Thanks to everyone for your help. I now have MC customized to display everything the way I want it, at least for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up