INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uninstalling MC results in WMC suddenly showing thumbnails for Recorded TV  (Read 827 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

Windows Media Center was fighting back today, by not playing any sound.  I tried switching Windows to 7.1 channel, then WMC to 7.1, then both to 5.1, then 7.1 again, finally ended up uninstalling MC because the 'no sound' wasn't the only issue, it stuttered badly when it did play and warned of a codec issue.

I wondered if Red October's autoconfig might have gotten involved somehow, and I didn't know what else to try, so I uninstalled MC.  Unsurprisingly, this did not fix the problem.

however, when i went into WMC to test, all the TV shows started displaying thumbnails.  I've never seen this before.  I don't know what MC could have done to disable this functionality in WMC, other than perhaps a file association to MC.  i haven't installed it yet, as the wifey was looking over my shoulder while I "fix[ed] the ** TV again!"

Not a huge deal, but thought it weird, and would prefer to have thumbnails in WMC with MC installed also/again.  is there a way to have these thumbs in WMC with MC installed?

Also, since we're talking about it, I'd really like MC do a better job of displaying/tagging wtv files from the data that windows shows, like name and description of episode among others.

thanks

PS, it seems speaker phantoming got turned off in the audio setup in control panel, turning it back on and setting everything to 7.1 got WMC working again, now with thumbnails :)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up