INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Thumbnails Wrong on Library Server Client  (Read 1222 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Image Thumbnails Wrong on Library Server Client
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:19:03 pm »

Last weekend my wife was editing some pictures on the HTPC.  She was about 1/2 way through her task, when she discovered that MC was again, showing incorrect thumbnails.  The thumbnails were of other pictures in our photo library, but they didn't match the tooltip image that comes up when you mouse over them (the tooltip was right in every case, the thumbnails were wrong).

I switched the machine immediately from library server client mode to directly connecting to the remote library on the network drive.  The thumbnails were correct when directly connected.  This time, it didn't end well.  She had deleted pictures from the library and disk based on those bad thumbnails.

Cute pictures.

Of my daughter.

WAF was pretty low that day.  I did manage to undelete them (they were on the network drive though, so no recycle bin).  But, no irreparable harm done, except to MC's image handling reputation in my Wife's eyes.

I've seen this issue come up a handful of times since I switched over to Library Server/Client mode.  The issue has cropped up on both my Laptop (pre-smash) and my HTPC, but never at the same time.  Clearing the thumbnail cache always "fixes" it, but you never know when it is going to strike.  It never happened before I started using LS.  It never happens on the Server (the local thumbs are always right, just the clients get borked).  And, it only seems to impact images, not video or audio thumbnails.  I never have a clear idea of when it started, or how long it had been going on.  I just find it.  Had it been wrong an hour?  A month?  Often it affects only a handful of images in huge sets, and the incorrect thumbs are my pictures (usually from a similar time frame) so they "feel" right.  They just aren't, but you don't see it until you get confused, notice duplicates, or happen to mouse over or open that particular picture.

Any ideas?  Anyone else?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

)p(

Re: Image Thumbnails Wrong on Library Server Client
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:05:27 am »

I have seen this once a few weeks ago when the htpc did a tag update over the network. Instead of the thumbnails I expected for the video files it showed a few thumbnails of my little niece. Just a few most were correct. I immediately fixed it on the server pc so I dont know exactly why and how it happened.

)p(

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 07:08:40 am »

It happened again. This time I browsed some photo's. Then I browsed some tv series and some of the thumbnails from photo's showed up instead of the video thumbnails. Before this happened all thumbnails were complete. Then I restarted mc and all was ok again. This time I was not using library server but directly connected to a remote library with the library and thumbnails on a shared network drive.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:09:57 pm »

I have witnessed thumbnails not updating properly when rotated via a Library Server client (requires restart of MC on client to fix).  I haven't seen totally incorrect thumbnails but my wife would kill me if the wrong photos were inadvertently deleted.  I hope this can be tracked down.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:17:38 pm »

I saw something similar today where the thumbnail on a recorded TV program on a client is showing something from one of the Hulu programs??  I know this because when I was browsing Hulu I saw one of the "popular" programs had the image of a woman in a bikini and when I went to play Dinosaur Train for my kids today this is the thumbnail that was shown (and no, I never watched that Hulu program :)).  Something seems to be off occasionally with client thumbnails.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up